Check out my pedal board!

• Members

Originally posted by SoulSerenade

Actually, the other guitarist in my band has a DD-3 before his distortion, and it works fine. I think that as long as it's not an analog delay it actually can work.

hm...

i never had a problem putting a delay into a slightly driven amp. but anytime i'd run delay into dist or fuzz it would just become muddy slop.

fuzzing out reverb, OTOH, can sound cool!

to each his own.

• Members

there is several things that just dont make sense in that pic

you are saying a pedal board and what I see are pedals on the floor.
the DS-1 has the tone maxed out. I have not met a human that can withstand that.
The delay is before a dist. :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by fusionid

there is several things that just dont make sense in that pic

you are saying a pedal board and what I see are pedals on the floor.

the DS-1 has the tone maxed out. I have not met a human that can withstand that.

The delay is before a dist.
:confused:

thats funny ya i turn tone all the way up thats why i like sd1 cause its simple 3 knobs unlike rat you gotta really tweak it but its 3 knobs too unlike other pedals ive owned like the ubermetal and metal zone

its a pedal board i made it myself! yay. its just a deceiving pic here015.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by fusionid

The delay is before a dist.
:confused:

yes it's weird but it has been done before. the guitarist from the dead kennedy's had an echoplex into a distortion pedal. he said he liked it because the repeats would clean up as they went on. he said it created a really organic sound. it just goes to show, different strokes for different folks.

• Members

I can see that with an echoplex which is already marginally analog distorted though. Well, you know what they say, dont knock it until you try it.:cool:

EDIT: I just realized. The use of analog delays vs digital. In my case I use the anagol sounding boxes almost like modulators like a warm chorus. In the case of digital though Im not convinced you can get good results

Archived