weird ebay auction

M900

• Members

if it's what i think it is...those auctions pop up every day and disappear soon after.
i posted a similar link here once and the link redirected you to another fake ebay site, which asks you to log in.
i wouldn't be surprised if this is the same deal; usually the auction has gallery pix of naked or half-naked girls with nonsensical names.

after i posted it, a forumite signed in.
:(
luckily nothing happened but i deleted the link just in case.
i've reported these auctions to ebay but they disappear soon after going up, so ebay's response: "huh? what auction?"
:rolleyes:
customer service at its finest.

EDIT:

DON'T SIGN IN!!!
if it asks you to, that is.

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

if it's what i think it is...those auctions pop up every day and disappear soon after.

i posted a similar link here once and the link redirected you to another fake ebay site, which asks you to log in.

i wouldn't be surprised if this is the same deal; usually the auction has gallery pix of naked or half-naked girls with nonsensical names.

after i posted it, a forumite signed in.

:(
luckily nothing happened but i deleted the link just in case.

i've reported these auctions to ebay but they disappear soon after going up, so ebay's response: "huh? what auction?"

:rolleyes:
customer service at its finest.

EDIT:

DON'T SIGN IN!!!

if it asks you to, that is.

Huh??? So what's the scam?

c

• Members

Originally posted by M900

Huh??? So what's the scam?

c

click on the link now.

it redirects you to a fake ebay site.

it asks you to sign in.

if you do they now have your ebay ID and password, which means they can buy or even sell things with your account.

i'd suggest putting a big

DON'T SIGN IN!!!

in your first post.

• Members
Originally posted by Wilbo26

Good, its gone now. Thats actually a pretty nasty little scam there. Luckily I'm not in the market for an $18 whore.

O RLY?

too bad.
you coulda got 6 of em with the $ you made from your DD-6!!
:D

sad thing is, those auctions go on every day. i see 'em almost everytime i go to the Musical Instruments>Guitar section.
like i said, i sent several messages to ebay, telling them that their site has been HACKED and got form letters back. great. thanks, ebay.

i'm just glad that the account of the forumite who signed in wasn't hijacked when i posted the link. i would've felt like poo.

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

click on the link now.

it redirects you to a fake ebay site.

it asks you to sign in.

if you do they now have your ebay ID and password, which means they can buy or even sell things with your account.

i'd suggest putting a big

DON'T SIGN IN!!!

in your first post.

Gone now...

and I never got to say goodbye.

Archived