gassing for cheap shit

angus_old

• Members

I DO buy them...and then play them. A lot. Lookit my sig!

The SX's take well to new pickups though....I go cheap with them, too (GFS). Now I have five excellent, playable guitars, and only the Strat has problems staying in tune, and I blame the wang bar for that.

The SX Jazz Bass is simply an excellent piece of work, IMHO.

• Members

Originally posted by raggydoll

cheap gears awesome.

but {censored}.

Prince's Hohner tele wholeheartedly agrees with you.

030415_RRHallPrince_hmed_10p.standard.jp

"What was that raggydoll? i couldnt hear you over the applause of the R&R HOF fame crowd here, which i just floored, while playing my $150 tele copy. Y'know, this guitar has been used on much/most of my recorded output as well as accompanying me on countless tours & televised performances...... but you're right, its {censored}.

{censored} thats been my #1 for 20+years running :wave: "

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

"What was that raggydoll? i couldnt hear you over the applause of the R&R HOF fame crowd here, which i just floored, while playing my $150 tele copy. Y'know, this guitar has been used on much/most of my recorded output as well as accompanying me on countless tours & televised performances...... but you're right, its {censored}.

{censored} thats been my #1 for 20+years running
:wave:
"

if i had ANY respect for prince at all i would care.

but i don't

• Members

Another classic piece of CHEAP {censored} being used for the purposes of Good:

Slash's Memphis Les Paul copy. In the late 80's, I played some Memphii. I wouldn't have touched one with a 10 foot pole, even at age 14 I knew they were crap. Still, Slash played most or all of Appetite for Destruction on one.

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

030415_RRHallPrince_hmed_10p.standard.jp

{censored} thats been my #1 for 20+years running
"

sorry, raggydoll....this was one of the zingiest zingers of recent zingyness.

cheap stuff? i buy!

$25:

fg-060-wh_1.jpg

• Members

I recently developed an interest in old-school DOD dirtboxes. I've owned almost all of the major contenders in their early-to-mid 90's product line and one recent unit. I have enjoyed using the FX33, FX50-B, FX52, FX53, and FX76, but the FX66 and (original) FX69 left a great deal to be desired (IMO). I may eventually pick up an FX70C, MF70, FX100, and FX51 if I can find them for a reasonable enough price.

Archived