Korg 104ds Hyper Distortion - WoW!

alteredsounds

• Members

I was sorting out some stuff to put and the 'bay and found one of these behind an amp. No idea where it came from, prob in a lot from somewhere. Anyways, plugged it in to test and it sounds amazing! Seriously good! Amazing eq, can store 2 settings somehow (not tried yet). Superb mesa sounds. What a hidden gem!

104ds.jpg

• Members

Yup, they're noisy and hit or miss, but the delay version was pretty good:

fc_1.jpg

And of course this gem:

img02358fv.jpg

Has a lot of the same distortions built into it. The distortions sound ok if you turn the gain way down, but its damn noisy. Overall its mostly useless except as a novelty.

I only tried the distortion one a few times in the store when they came out.

• Members

Originally posted by alteredsounds

lol I KNEW u'd show that painted one
:D
! The distortion actually is VERY quiet with a gate built in.

Duh! :D

Perhaps the noise reduction on the multi wasn't as good as on the standalone unit. Maybe I'll goof around with mine yet again and see if I can find some useable distortion tones in it.

Oh, to save presets, you just hold down the right switch until it starts flashing, and then press again and it stores it. I think while its flashing you can turn one of the knobs to chose whether to store it in the first or second preset slot, 1 being green and 2 being red. Actually pretty handy once you get used to it.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Yup, they're noisy and hit or miss, but the delay version was pretty good:

fc_1.jpg

And of course this gem:

img02358fv.jpg

Has a lot of the same distortions built into it. The distortions sound ok if you turn the gain way down, but its damn noisy. Overall its mostly useless except as a novelty.

I only tried the distortion one a few times in the store when they came out.

Yeah, those were the two I owned. I loved the delay, but it was too noisy. The switch was going out. Being able to save two programs was cool, though.

• Members

I think so.... Didn't you see my thread the other day where I cursed you about being hooked on Space Fighter??

I don't usually care for video games but -- I spend a fair bit of time waiting on hold every day which is when I usually check out HCFX. One day I decided to check out your site and w/nothing better to do, I checked out Space Fighter. Cool game.

Frustrating when you get to the higher levels though.

Monkey Lander doesn't suck either. :D

• Members

Originally posted by edster

I think so.... Didn't you see my thread the other day where I cursed you about being hooked on Space Fighter??

I don't usually care for video games but -- I spend a fair bit of time waiting on hold every day which is when I usually check out HCFX. One day I decided to check out your site and w/nothing better to do, I checked out Space Fighter. Cool game.

Frustrating when you get to the higher levels though.

Monkey Lander doesn't suck either.
:D

lol I bet when I check the stats the games page has the most hits! :D

Archived