Small Clone Problems

josiahcooper

• Members

I got a Small Clone that I want to sell, but there's one problem, when I turn it on it makes a loud pop in my amp. This only happens the first time after that it doesn't, but if i wait like 10 more minutes, it will do it again. Is it just a bad switch? Anybody know how to fix it and willing to buy it off of me?

• Members

That POP is a discharge of static electricity that's built up since the last time you used the switch, and is common in many true-bypass pedals (especially the first time you use it each day / session). It's not a big deal, and I think most prospective buyers will be aware of this phenomenon.

• Members

haha, my band's upcoming album will feature this on a song. I double tracked the guitar and you can hear it really loud at one section. I was a little pissed at the time, but now I'm amused and I didn't feel like redoing it. I'll be selling it as soon as I get my hands on the Clone Theory reissue.

• Members

Most, if not all, tb pedals pop. There is a degree to how much some of them do it. Wasn't there also talk of a mod (sometime ago that is) that would give more of a buffer for the static electricity so it wouldn't pop. It's not that annoying, but I usually just turn pedals on and off between songs, not during.

Archived