For those that didn't think there would be a diff between the Vexter/US BOR...

Gary Ladd

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is speculation, but it could be that zvex over designed the circuit to use the extra caps and later decided they weren't necessary. The pic with the caps could be before the change was made, the pic without would be after the change. I've done the same thing with my boards.

• Members
Originally posted by MullardECC83

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of these pedals? If it sounds the same it doesn't matter. I don't know if it does, though.

Well, that's the $100 dollar question, isn't it? ;)

Early feedback I've seen indicate that the Vexter version is noisier and muddier in the bass...

Whatever the difference, there obviously is a difference that should translate sonically :freak:

I've been waiting on a Vexter version, but now I'm definately thinking I've got my OD needs taken care of after hearing some user clip comparisons :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Gary Ladd

.....there obviously is a difference that should translate sonically
:freak:

its kinda funny, because many, many folks still insist that for the real LP sound, only a real LP will deliver. so, even though the differences between the current models and the 'real' thing include changes in wiring, pups, tenons, perforated bodies, and finish, a certain (very large) population still insist & swear up & down that a current LP is 110% capable of delivering the LP sound.

perhaps that is the case here?

or, more likely, people hear with their eyes more than their ears :idea:

• Members

Originally posted by RUExp?

I guess I don't see how the U.S. model is wired better.

The only thing I really notice is that some of the caps don't look as neatly soldered in and are left hanging a bit more, especially the ceramic one on the front edge of the board (a bit right of the middle

If you look closely at the boards, one is PCB-00i55-03 and one PCB-55I00-04 so probably slightly different revisions or something, or maybe just different runs from the plant, hence the different colours and so on

Really, I would guess they are very close if not exactly the same in sound

David

• Members

Ok nothing less than an A/B comparison is going to prove whether or not the two sound different. I'm no circuit expert but it looks like the two are similar but still noticebly different. Not terribly surprising consider the price difference though.

Archived