Ibanez Tone Lok Lo-Fi LF7 ---- Anyone had/have one?

claffman

• Members

I just got one of these on ebay. I have a Mesa MarkIIB. The pedal does NOTHING. If I turn the level real low it changes the distortion level. (Because it's choking the signal off.)

I was really hoping for a pedal that would do a Pink Floyd--Wish You Were Here--- intro sort of thing. The am radio sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Members

Originally posted by claffman

I was really hoping for a pedal that would do a Pink Floyd--Wish You Were Here--- intro sort of thing. The am radio sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

E 13 used to market a pedal that was supposed to do the am radio sound -- I think it was the No Fi..

e13nofi.jpg

c

• Members

The thing is, EQs are nice, but it's not always a thing you want to do (I mean running two in one chain). Meaning, if some of us like to run EQs almost all of the time, why would we want to totally dedicate our EQs to being the AM radio sound? Plus, sometimes it doesn't sound quite on the AM radio sound that we want.

• Members

the LF-7 needs to be run in your effects loop, especially if you're using it with your amps distortion. Or post dirt...

Basically it needs to be the last thing in your chain, so it can destroy and rape and basically f*ck the sh*t out of your signal.

At least that's how mine works...:thu:

• Members

Lo-fi is the easiest effect ever. Just get an EQ pedal, crank the mid sliders to full, and suck out everything else. The sliders should all be at the ends of the tracks, either up or down.

If you don't want to dedicate your EQ to being lo-fi, just get another and use that as your lo-fi pedal. It's not like EQ pedals cost a lot (Dano...)

And yes, ohtheant is right. Put the lo-fi last in the chain.

• 13 years later...
52 minutes ago, pimike said:

Hello, I have one to sell. Mail me at (email address removed by moderator), please. Actually offered at www.willhaben.at

Regards, Michael from Austria, European Union

First of all, welcome to Harmony Central. :) 

Please don't post for-sale posts in the discussion forums. However, you're encouraged to use our HC Classifieds for anything you want to list for sale. 

Also, I edited your post to removed your email address. It's not a good idea to post that to a public forum. Better to have them contact you via our private message system - from there, you can share your email with them without posting it for every spam bot on the net to see. 

Finally, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for a reply - this is a very old thread. 

Archived