Guess the boutique Tubescreamer

g3rmanium

• Members
Originally posted by Uma Floresta

If you preferred number 1, why would you go for number 2 just based on the name/price? That's kind of silly, don't you think?

i dont say i prefer number 1.
i just prefer the clip of one....

ive seen thing thing before.
and yes whilst the clip can make a bad pedal sound better than a good one....

i find usually i can make a higher quality pedal sound better than a bad pedal. thing to remember is that they are two different pedals...
i think we wanted we could make a sound clip, if we tried to make both pedals sound as good as they can get then compare them then the bootique would come out on top....

in this case the recording has tried to make them sound the same... silly really cos its likely that this meant setting the cheap pedal as good as it goes then trying to make the bootique sound the same....

plus as already stated there are other factors besides a small clip, such as responsiveness, how it reacts with other pedals etc etc

and then it comes down to...
would i trust a cheap pedal more than a handbuilt pedal.
the answer for me in no. i would rather have something with good customer support and time taken on its building. than something made by a machine in a warehouse.

plus the mojo... ;)

there is a small amount of...
hey cool you have a boss overdrive, all my mates have those too...

and wow you have a (whatever bootique pedal), ive heard such amazing things about those but never seen one with my own eyes!!!

haha, its all part of the fun...
:wave:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by edster

I've got 2 Eternitys and a Tubulator. IMHO these clips are not even close to being representative of the differences between them.

The Tubulator is a cool ped for $20, but the E is in a whole other league. AFAIC anyway.

so these were the pedals used?

which one was which? (I realize this was the point of the f'n post)

Archived