Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q or 95Q???

RottyDog

• Members

guys, i'm considering both of these wah, and wondering which is better as the 95q are much cheaper than 535q in my country. Is it 535q multi wah much better than 95q q wah?? sound wise, functionality wise??

i know i should search thorugh the forum but its hard to do so cuz of the search disabled.

thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by PurpleStrat

535Q is on my board and I never get gas for another wah.

Ya!

Take a little time with the 535Q and you'll be pleased with it not to mention, you will be able to adjust it to the individualities of each of your guitars with a mere twist of a knob.

Cant do that with almost any other wah.

;)

• Members
Originally posted by ZeppelinPie792

Compared to the 95Q, the 535Q is better because it offers more options. If you want to set it and forget it, don't get the 535Q. I have a 535Q, and I can't really find a good setting though. I personally wish I had gotten a Vox, but that is my preference. Happy wah hunting!

Same thing mhappened to me when I had the 535Q. I liked the sound but felt it could be better and endless tweeking ensued.

• Members

Afbeelding026.jpg

I had my 535q modded so I could switch between the stock and the Fasel inductor (the Fasel is incredibly smooth for clean and reacts to distortion really nice...)

It also features a 'Rob Winter'-mod that automatically switches the wah on when I put my foot on the pedal (though sacrificing the 'parked wah' setting; which I get by keeping my foot on)

Afbeelding025.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by RottyDog

wow, u guys are really helpful, really appreciated it, thanks. i'll read up abit of classic crybaby wah 1st as it has a fasel inductor?? or maybe latest 535q has it too
:confused:
anyone can confirm??
:)
thanks guys.

your welcome, it is not common knowledge that they changed other then if you been on the boards for awhile :)

So ya it is confirmed, just make sure it says so on the box. I really like the 535q, but with the fasel it is just smoother (as said in an above post) and more reactive to my set-up then the older one.

Originally posted by biglurve

My 535Q definitely has the Fasel. It even says it on the box!

Chris

ya that is the tricky part, they started to put the fasel inductor on the side of the box. I've over looked it a couple of time, but its only in the newer ones (with in the last year)

• Members

wow, more and more POSITIVE post makes me GASSING for it even more :thu: . I'm actually pairing it with my Vox AD50vt valvetronix amp, i had a Zoom 707II but sold it cuz its horrible pair with modelling amp. since the map has quite alot of effects, i'll just need a real Crybaby Wah. :cool:

thanks guys.

• 13 years later...
  • Members

I have the 535Q and it took me awhile to get what I wanted but when I did whoa it has soo many options. I like my Q set low and I love the boost. I use it in some of my leads and it kicks. But guess what, I’m ordering a 95Q because when I play live I sometimes am unsure if I turned it off. Lol. So I’m either getting this switch underneath so it’s only active while I play or I’m going to try the 95 and set the Q on that really low. I don’t like over the top whah. I like nuances I can work while playing I don’t just pump up and down and the 535q is perfect. I wish they made a 535q that did not have an on off button. That’s the major difference that I know. I may very well not like the 95 because I love the 535q. I kick the boost and I have my perfect setting with the exact amount of everything. Think of the 535q as a swit’s army knife of whahs. And check out Vox too.

If the I can get my low q setting on the 95 I’m going to use that live because I don’t want to worry whether I left it on or not. That’s what I don’t like about whahs wi to buttons..the 95q doesn’t have a button so it’s only on when your using it. Believe me you don’t want the whah left on when your not working it.

i think there is a switch I can get for my 535 that will give me that one feature so it’s only on while depressed. If that’s the case I will continue to use the 535q live with that switch function. If not I’ll always use the 535q but I did leave it on once or twice by accident live and I hated that. That being said it’s perfect for me. You need to decide for yourself. If I had to guess the only thing the 95q has on the 535q is the fact that it’s only on when your using it and it snaps back after. If that doesn’t matter then you should def get the 535q or a Vox. 

Another option you might want to consider is putting it into a true bypass loop. That way you can leave your 535Q unmodified, leave it on all the time, and kick it in and out using the switch on the TB looper pedal. The LED on the looper pedal will make it more obvious when the wah pedal is active (or not) in the signal path. It would also allow you to set the treadle on the 535Q to a favorite position and leave it "parked" for those times when you want to use it as a boost or for a filter / fixed wah sound. 

By the way, welcome to Harmony Central! :welcome:

Archived