Wondring about Tronix effect pedals

• Members

Anyone owned anything by the Tronix company? I had a phaser that I bought used about 15 years ago that was made by Tronix, it was about MXR-sized, in a silver aluminum housing, couple knurly knobs on it. Not a fantastic phaser, but pretty good. I had never heard of the company nor have I found anything made by them since. Has anyone else here owned anything by Tronix or have any info on the company? The dang thing was stolen out of my car one night otherwise I probably would still have it.

:confused: :confused:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Nobody? How weird. All I know is that they made pedals in the 70's, I guess, or so I've been told. I bought that phaser used in about '96 or so, and when I asked old Davey Bee at the store "Tronix? What the hell is Tronix?", he gave me the "You've never heard of Tronix?" slam-down. Obviously not a big company, if no one here can remember them. How about any of you pedal scientists and manufacturers out there, any help? Maybe the movie "Tron" put them out of business, God knows. C'mon, someone, I've tried the HC list, no luck. Someone here MUST know the history of this goofy company.

:confused:

• Members

DiscoFreq's site is probably the best resource for pictures on these pedals. It looks like they might be rebrandings of some kind of generic (Coron, KMD, Holmes, etc) pedals?

I have a "Super Distortion" and love the sound, though the quality of the components (switch, pots, LED, everything) is pretty horrendous. I got it at a garage sale and it looks like it has survived a war. Worst bypass ever, and I've played some pedals with horrible bypass!--but kind of cool in its own way.

• Members

Here's that page: http://filters.muziq.be/model/tronix

Most of them are the same as effects of the Coron DC-800 series, except the DS-710 Distortion, which is the same as the Bros distortion.

I have 4 of the grey pedals (Phase, Overdrive, Stereo Chorus and Flanger) and that black Distortion. I also have 2 or 3 flyers with a list of other models, but I never saw them...

I bought 3 of those Tronix pedals (Phase, Overdrive, Flanger and Distortion) a few months ago from a seller on eBay who seems to have found an old stock of them.

at the moment he has 3 auctions for Tronix Overdrive pedals and 1 for a Tronix Distortion

You can see the grey Tronix pedals here, together with other Coron and related pedals:

coronbord.jpg

• Members

I like them, but I have no tubescreamer or distortion+ to compare :(

The first Coron distortions were copies of the Distortion+, so probably the newer distortions are close to that one too.

The overdrive is ok, but I prefer the older Coron overdrives that work on a 1,5V AA battery (like that blue Asama overdrive) :)

Since that picture I have some more Coron pedals, and one of them is a Tronix Super Distortion, so I should make a new picture :D

On the picture you can see that the Tronix logo on the Stereo Chorus is different than on the other ones, and on the Super Distortion it's also different, there it looks like the JHS Super Distortion (bottom row, 2nd from right).

• 14 years later...
  • Members

I just acquired an old 1980ish? Tronix super distortion pedal from an old friend. I can’t find any information about it. Anyone have any idea?

I have pictures but don’t know how to post on here.

My email is

phillipw99@yahoo.com

Thanks

Archived