Pighood no longer banned! OINK and rejoiceth!

sizzlemeister

• Members

especially when it comes from the right
, it seems.

I'm done - I see Gus' warning that
apparently one can only say so much against a mod
here at HC. Pathetic.

Perhaps your responses would be taken more seriously had you attacked the banning itself, rather than the politics. :rolleyes:

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because Pighood sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the usual drab, predictable personalities over in your "venue" and makes it obvious you can not handle anything other than predictable situations. Which points out how you, as a person, are not qualified to moderate that particular venue.

Satire, humor, sarcasm, and abstraction (and abstracting) are COMMON methods of political critique and commentary - do you mean to say you do not allow these methods in PP? Unless you can grasp them, or, worse, only appreciate them? Very sad, and very unacceptable. And very unfair.

Political critique and commentary are the hallmark of our system - occurs daily and from all points of view and with all levels of vitriol in our own Congress. Can we not handle it here on the People's Harmony Central Forums? Apparently not - especially when it comes from the right, it seems.

The incompetence over in that forum makes it personal, because no one else but you are responsible for that incompetence. Well, you and whomever put you in that position.

I'm done - I see Gus' warning that apparently one can only say so much against a mod here at HC. Pathetic.

I'm just guessing here, but I think the problem is more with how pighood was expressing his opinions. I don't think pighood is really interested in *discussing* anything, so his (actually rather viciously barbed and remarkably intolerant for somebody who behaves so far outside of the norm) non-sequitors are just disruptive. Anybody should be allowed to discuss whatever they want, if discussing the merits of their position is their aim. When you're only trying to provoke the opposing party (I don't see how one could argue that's *not* what pighood was doing if they do actually understand what pighood is saying), that's not really contributing. Whether he should be banned for it, I dunno. The high road is to just ignore him, of course. But he doesn't have any sort of intrinsic right to post on a privately run forum, so if the effect he has is disruptive, it's a lot easier to just remove him. It's really not like his rights are somehow being infringed, there's nothing stopping him from taking it to the streets if he really wants to let his voice be heard.

• Members

Because Pighood sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the usual drab, predictable personalities over in your "venue" and makes it obvious you can not handle anything other than predictable situations. Which points out how you, as a person, are not qualified to moderate that particular venue.

Satire, humor, sarcasm, and abstraction (and abstracting) are COMMON methods of political critique and commentary - do you mean to say you do not allow these methods in PP? Unless you can grasp them, or, worse, only appreciate them? Very sad, and very unacceptable. And very unfair.

Political critique and commentary are the hallmark of our system - occurs daily and from all points of view and with all levels of vitriol in our own Congress. Can we not handle it here on the People's Harmony Central Forums? Apparently not - especially when it comes from the right, it seems.

The incompetence over in that forum makes it personal, because no one else but you are responsible for that incompetence. Well, you and whomever put you in that position.

I'm done - I see Gus' warning that apparently one can only say so much against a mod here at HC. Pathetic.

I had no issue with his views. I had an issue with the fact that most of what he posted tended to be nonsense and clogged up otherwise OK threads.

Teh intarnets be seeryous bidness!

• Members

Perhaps your responses would be taken more seriously had you attacked the banning itself, rather than the politics.
:rolleyes:

I get your point, and agree if I thought the banning and the politics were separate. However I don't believe the banning and Pighood's politics are separate in this matter.

• Members

In some wierd way "some" of his post relate to synthesis, but they have no place in the political forum, he was banned and rightfully so. There was nothing witty or clever in any of his post, just useless baby talk that agrivates those trying to have a discussion.

When has there been a discussion in the political forum?

And I doubt it's pighood that makes them mad. They are all angry and spiteful people by default, which is why there is never any real discussion there to begin with.

• Members

didnt say it was grounds for banning....just said that hijacking a conversation with nonsense talk DAILY is annoying....I dont do that....nor do I think its cool...aol chat rooms are great for that.

Ah, I misunderstood you.

I do understand the annoyance with hijacking but unfortunately I partake in my own fair share. :o

• Members

I already visited him, he punched me in the face and told me to get off his "damn lawn".

I tried to visit him also. However, he had a powerful loudspeaker in his front yard emitting all types of weird sounds. My ears started to bleed and I was forced to leave. I think I have suffered permanent hearing loss :cry:

• Members

When you have the power, it's easier and more convenient to silence your critics than to answer them, isn't it Mr. Putin?

Wow, a Russian Godwin! That's a new one. I've gotta write that one down.

I have yet to find proof that backs up the action taken by this mod.

Since when do you need to find proof :confused:

Stop comparing this forum with your real-world idealized version of democracy, because it isn't and hasn't ever been.

• Members

Because Pighood sticks out like a sore thumb

==========================================

pighood

Banned

We deserve to be nuked.

===========================================

I do say, some of you are very odd in your devotion and humor(?) which

supports anarchy and death and no rules whatsoever

I suppose facts and fantasy are the same for you

IMO, pighood should be perma banned for his Nuke comment

Please return to your lovefest

• Members

==========================================

pighood

Banned

We deserve to be nuked.

===========================================

I do say, some of you are very odd in your devotion and humor(?) which

supports anarchy and death and no rules whatsoever

I suppose facts and fantasy are the same for you

IMO, pighood should be perma banned for his Nuke comment

Please return to your lovefest

My word...an honest to goodness dumb person.

Archived