Great small recording amps

Fourth Floor

• Members

Originally posted by grayeyes777

looks cool... another great idea that should have been done a long time ago. should have different speaker options though.

that ties up too much capital, warehouse space, etc. let the buyer decide if he wants to swap it out after he buys it, thats the way it comes. its a simple swap.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by meriphew

On the topic of iso-cabs, I have a nice vocal iso-booth (cost upwards of $2k), and I've tried recording amps in it. IMO it just doesn't sound very good. A great amp in a nice sounding room is where it's at IMO.

and it just is not an option for most players. even if the square footage can be arranged, and volume will not at all be an issue, it being a 'nice' room makes it even more of a long shot.

thats just the way it is.

not suggesting iso-box recording should be something to aspire to, but in a world with $99 tube amps and $250 8tr digi audio workstations, the inability to get volume knobs above 2 in a nice room is absolutely infuriating.

one could make a case for modelers and the like at this point, but i dont wanna hear it as i've got 3 5w amps here, and need to use a sans-amp for recording :mad: :mad: :mad:

what are the details of said vocal booth?

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

A local store had a used Mini Cat on sale a week or two ago for about $499. I was tempted, but I didn't have the time to check it out.

Is that one still around? If you're not going to grab it, would you mind saying where it is so I can get it? I'm in your area once a week, anyway.

Archived