Good Quality Powered Pedal Boards?

Noise...

• Members
Originally posted by -Anti-

^Is it small, or do you just ahve some big pedals?
:freak:

Well, the QTron and the DL4 are pretty big. The Small Stone's bigger than a boss housing. I'm also running expression for the DL4. There are 2 Boss pedals in the chain. Use those for reference.

What's in your chain?

• Members

Right now just an Ibanez DE7 and an Ibanez FZ7. I'm hoping to possibly pick up a couple Dano's or a Phase 90 tomorrow.

I'm also going to eventually have a wah of some kind (most likely Vox) and a volume pedal as well.

Should I look for a bigger board (or build my own?) or should the SKB be big enough if I keep the wah and volume pedals off to the side?

EDIT: Also, can you add more plugs to the SKB board, or are you stuck with just the 8 they provide?

• Members

Originally posted by sjaltenb

actually, this one is really sweet, it has a ton of features and a nice case. i forgot about it.

wish you could just buy the strip, its very, very versatile.

How's the power supply compare to the ppII? I ended up getting the ppII and an NYC pedalboard-about $20 more but I like the platform and I know I'm getting one of the best power supplies that's not tied to the board in case it breaks down somehow. The Furman looks pretty nice though.

• Members

Originally posted by -Anti-

Right now just an Ibanez DE7 and an Ibanez FZ7. I'm hoping to possibly pick up a couple Dano's or a Phase 90 tomorrow.

I'm also going to eventually have a wah of some kind (most likely Vox) and a volume pedal as well.

Should I look for a bigger board (or build my own?) or should the SKB be big enough if I keep the wah and volume pedals off to the side?

EDIT: Also, can you add more plugs to the SKB board, or are you stuck with just the 8 they provide?

You should be able to fit ALL of that - including volume and wah - onto this board. There are only 8 plugs, but there are 3 standard sockets (useful for Line 6, etc.).

• Members

The SKB 45 is good sized. A bit big fo a lot of gigs infact. here is a list of what I have fit on an SKB at one time.

Qtron +
H20
Aphex Exciter
Danecho
Full sized EB Volume
EHX English Muffin
Vox Wah
Small stone
Clone
Carl Martin Rock Drive

All pedals are medium to extralarge.

Takes some fitting but can be done. :thu:

• Members

jalfredprufrock,

this is off the current topic, but looking at your pedalboard, i'm curious about how you use the 3 different delays that i see on there. what are your settings and what different options does it give you?

i have the danecho and i'm thinking of adding another delay (i definitely want something with tap tempo).

• Members

The SKB is plastic, stout plastic. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would not go so far as to say they are junk. I think they are well made. The Voodoo Power unit by itself is about $150. If you build a plywood board you could keep it cheap. If you want a pedaltrain you will spend another 2-$300 with a hardcase. The good thing about buying the Voodoo power unit seperate is that you can transfer it to any future board project. The PS 45 has 8 nine volt adaptor plugs. It also has 4 three prong 120 plugs for wall warts. I have used SKB for years (live) and been satisfied with them. Hope that helps.

• Members

Originally posted by lostandfoundpdx

skbs are plastic junk. the power supply and cables are not gonna power a whole board efficiently...

SKB's are not junk, I used to tour with one pretty heavily and never had a problem with it, now it's my home/practice board.

Archived