question about shipping..

mrweems

• Members

So if i'm going to ship a guitar.

How much does it usually cost.

And do they have boxes at the Ups/Usps/Fedex place.. and which is easier to deal with. I've never shipped anything.

And would you rather do a paypal, money order, or ? for payment on something more than $1000

• Members

fed ex is cheapest usually, then usps, then ups.
you get raped if you have them pack it. not literally though.
costs between $11-45 ground, depending where it's going, how heavy it is, whether it has a case, etc.

for ups to honor any insurance the guitar must be double boxed with a certain number of inches (4?) of peanuts between boxes. check on all that before shipping.

paypal makes things a lot easier and faster. only other payment i accept is m.o.

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

fed ex is cheapest usually, then usps, then ups.

you get raped if you have them pack it. not literally though.

costs between $11-45 ground, depending where it's going, how heavy it is, whether it has a case, etc.

for ups to honor any insurance the guitar must be double boxed with a certain number of inches (4?) of peanuts between boxes. check on all that before shipping.

paypal makes things a lot easier and faster. only other payment i accept is m.o.

thanks

Well the guitar has its own HS case.. SO all i would need is another box.. And i'm assuming just detune the guitar and make the strings loose, and fill the box with peanuts...?!?

this will be my first shipping.. :) maybe a good start to some gear trading. Well if this deal goes through i will be having a Jazzmaster REALLY REALly soon!!!

• Members

man i did not even think about the "go to a local shop and ask for a box.. " damn great idea.. save me like $20 right there.. How much is bubble wrap and shipping peanuts?

If this deal goes down, i'll be coming out with probably $1100

And me and Tonefactor.com will be having a nice little date..

Archived