I dont think i could ever share a bank account with a woman...

wacopacco

• Members

i cant even trust myself:o

although the last year or so i have really been able to buckle down and save money and keep track of where it goes. The only time i spend it is when i know i'll be safe. The Liquid Sunshine i bought last night was impulse, but it's guitar related so it's for a good cause. You could say it's a work related purchase...

i'm sure my (hypothetical) wife would understand;)

• Members

Originally posted by wacopacco

i cant even trust myself:o

although the last year or so i have really been able to buckle down and save money and keep track of where it goes. The only time i spend it is when i know i'll be safe. The Liquid Sunshine i bought last night was impulse, but it's guitar related so it's for a good cause. You could say it's a work related purchase...

i'm sure my (hypothetical) wife would understand;)

uh-huh.

one good thing about buying gear is that you can always sell it. so it's almost like preventing you from REALLY blowing it--like on hookers or beer or wild weekends in Atlantic City, with nothing to show for it but an STD a hole in your liver and and empty bank account.

• Members

I have a joint bank account to this day with a girl I broke up with 5 years ago. She and I talk often. I like having it open cause if she screws me over I will know she is the evil bitch I thought she was 5 years ago. Well so far no problemo. Talked to her today as a matter of fact about {censored} men she's been dating. Ah.

• Members
Originally posted by Ben Glass

i managed to convince my girlfriend that my constant buying and reselling of gear via ebay, is me being buisness minded, and not just playing with toys until im bored.

she bought it
:D

that's what i told my parents and friends...worked for me too:D

• Members

I quite liked a friends plan...

With his wife, they have a joint account, so pay goes into that, bills, morgage, groceries, etc... come out of that, basically all the essentials that they share, separate from that, they each have an ammount they get x amount of money each month to do with as they please.
So he can use his money to buy gear, and she can buy as many shoes as she can afford (from her separate account) and the other person can't say anything against it

David

• Members

Originally posted by wacopacco

i ust started thinking, when i get married, i'm going to have a joint account with my wife. I'll still have my own acocunt tho thats for sure. No way will i trust a woman with all my finances.

Forget it dude! For woman having your own bank account is like us saying "It's okay to have sex with the milkman while i'm at work"

• Members

Originally posted by Narcosynthesis

I quite liked a friends plan...

With his wife, they have a joint account, so pay goes into that, bills, morgage, groceries, etc... come out of that, basically all the essentials that they share, separate from that, they each have an ammount they get x amount of money each month to do with as they please.

So he can use his money to buy gear, and she can buy as many shoes as she can afford (from her separate account) and the other person can't say anything against it

David

my wife and I use a similar system and it's worked out well for us. I still don't tell how much I'm spending on gear though. She doesn't know the difference so as long as I keep the amount of gear I have pretty constant it's ok. If it sell off one pedal to upgrade to another she doesn't know but if new stuff keeps rolling in without me selling suspicions arise.

Archived