i know it's a distortion pedal but...

angus_old

• Members

Originally posted by 5ththrax

Im pretty sure that pedal isnt for low gain and if u set it at low gain, you will have no sustain and not a great sound.

Basically the reason....its a distortion pedal
:)
lol

thats wrong, but whatever.

• Members

Originally posted by onbongos

yeah. on my other pedals it just cleans up the sound, but this is like another level control

one involving huge amounts of gain. starts at zero, and goes to 300. but, zero is still zero. many pedals go 1 to whatever, cuz the makers dont wanna confuse a population that is littered with stoners, drunks, and halfwits.

i've used a rat for years without setting the drive above 9oclock more than a few times. a rat does lighter od just fine. by raising the level at the output stage, it can also absolutely smash an amp's front-end, but without all sorts of crunch provided by the pedal, but rather the clear crunch provided by not heaping gain gain gain at every stage.

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

one involving huge amounts of gain. starts at zero, and goes to 300. but, zero is still zero. many pedals go 1 to whatever, cuz the makers dont wanna confuse a population that is littered with stoners, drunks, and halfwits.

i'm not a halfwit! :mad:

Archived