New Guitar Day!

jrowan

• Members

1994 Foto Flame Japanese Telecaster

$280 with HSC

The finish on the body is rife with spiderwebbing cracks and the electronics need some contact cleaner, but she plays and sounds great.

Learning to resring the slotted tuners (took me an hour to figure out that I wasn't keeping them taught enough. I'm dumb.) made me want to kill someone.

But I'm pretty damn happy and it was a good price for a great player.

• Members

Originally posted by comfortablynumb

Sweet.

I really loathe the slotted tuners on my Tele, but ever since adopting the "string-lock" method of restringing, I've found them a lot easier to work with now.

Once I learned how, it was really fast, and I kind of like them.

• Members

What's the real correct method?

I usually give it about a finger's worth of slack, cut the excess off... stick the cut end in the hole inside the slot, bend it over and start stacking winds on top of that. Since I started doing that, all the guitars stay in tune now (i'm sort of my bands guitar tech... so I get the wonderful chance to change strings a lot... yay).

• Members

Originally posted by Mistersuperfly

What's the real correct method?

I usually give it about a finger's worth of slack, cut the excess off... stick the cut end in the hole inside the slot, bend it over and start stacking winds on top of that. Since I started doing that, all the guitars stay in tune now (i'm sort of my bands guitar tech... so I get the wonderful chance to change strings a lot... yay).

I learned from this video. I'll never go back to the old way. My guitars stay in tune a lot better now.

Archived