Mule On Conan!

S.L.B.

• Members

I hope you all know who Gov't Mule is???

Warren Haynes, who plays with the Allman Brothers started Gov't Mule in the late 90's.

I saw them play a show earlier this year where they actually opened up for the Allmans. You could tell that Warren had been spending more time with the Mule, than the Allmans. I was really impressed with Gov't Mule. They were good. Not so much the Allmans. But the PA was kind of quiet, so I'm gonna say it would have been better if it was louder. More people came in for the Allmans, and they didn't turn up much - those damn sound guys.

On that same tour, Gov't Mule also opened for the Dave Matthews Band.

There, no more diss on the Gov't Mule Please!
:)

• Members

gov't mule....more like gov't GAY! ohhhh haha

no but really, theyre decent. i dont really like their music personally, but then again ive never really listened to them other than the short youtube clip i just watched for the sake of this thread. but i can see why some would. :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by wacopacco

i've got there first album, Dose, and the deep end ones. I should get Deja Voodoo and the new one, i've heard great things. I am however very turned off by jam bands. I hate that scene. But Gov't Mule does kick ass.

There new one is pretty cool. I wouldnt really put it in the jam category. The jams are there for the sake of the song. Unlike some bands where the songs are there for the sake of the jam.

• Members

Originally posted by wacopacco

I am however very turned off by jam bands. I hate that scene. But Gov't Mule does kick ass.

Jam bands and bands that jam are not the same. Jambands are (and I am generalizing for the sake of humor) endless noodling and crappy singers.

The Allmans and Gov't Mule are bands that jam, not jam bands!!

• Members

true there i've seen the allmans twice and i've loved it. I definately agree with them being different. Gov't Mule just gets tossed into the same category it seems as alot of bands that i have no interest in.

I've been into Gov't Mule since they came out tho. I've just been turned off to buying any of there new stuff because of 'jam bands'. I should look into it tho. Anyone own Deja Voodoo? Is it good like High and Mighty?

Archived