Pedal Board

TeleMan1985

• Members

Hi all. New here, so hello to everyone and thanks for any advice you can offer me! I am putting together my first pedal board, and being largely new to effects, I am wondering about the order, settings etc. I have been doing some research, and I was thinking this order: (P.S Feel free to laugh at my novice gear!)

Guitar--> Dunlop Crybaby --> Boss CS-3 Compression --> Boss BD-2 Blues Driver --> Boss DS-1 Distortion --> Boss NS-2 Noise Gate --> Belcat Delay --> Danelectro FAB Chorus --> Kustom 30 Watt Tranny Amp (Has 1 Clean channel and 1 Dirty channel. Am thinking just run it all into the clean channel?)

Questions:

1) Does that order look about right? Any suggestions on changing it?

2) Any suggestions on individual pedal settings?

3) I hate the crybaby cus it's a tonesucker. Anyway I can do something to lessen this, or is a true bypass mod the only way to go?

As for the type of music I play, I generally play all sorts, but I suppose classic Led Zep/Eric Clapton styles blues/rock is my mainstay...

Thanks for all your help!

• Members

Originally posted by TeleMan1985

Hi all. New here, so hello to everyone and thanks for any advice you can offer me! I am putting together my first pedal board, and being largely new to effects, I am wondering about the order, settings etc. I have been doing some research, and I was thinking this order: (P.S Feel free to laugh at my novice gear!)

Guitar--> Dunlop Crybaby --> Boss CS-3 Compression --> Boss BD-2 Blues Driver --> Boss DS-1 Distortion --> Boss NS-2 Noise Gate --> Belcat Delay --> Danelectro FAB Chorus --> Kustom 30 Watt Tranny Amp (Has 1 Clean channel and 1 Dirty channel. Am thinking just run it all into the clean channel?)

Questions:

3) I hate the crybaby cus it's a tonesucker. Anyway I can do something to lessen this, or is a true bypass mod the only way to go?

As for the type of music I play, I generally play all sorts, but I suppose classic Led Zep/Eric Clapton styles blues/rock is my mainstay...

Hey.

I am no expert, especially compared to the guys on this forum, but I would say, if you like the order your pedals are in, go with it.

You order seems fine to me, although I would have the delay as the last thing into the amp, and I prefer chorus before dirt. Just my preference.

In terms of settings on individual pedals, I think that is pretty hard to advise on. Just go with what sounds good.

• Members

Questions:

Doesnt look to bad to me either although I'd have the noise gate last and as goldie-gold said delay as the last effect before the gate. Not alot you can do short of modding the wah or having it in a bypass loop. :)

• Members

Maybe when you put your pedals in, you should leave the delay as the last part. I currently have all my modulation pedals(chorus,phaser ect.) in front of my dirt pedals, but you must test and see how do YOU like it. But I'd surely put the delay last in line. Main thing is that you are comfortable with your gear and how it sounds.

Guitar--> Dunlop Crybaby --> Boss CS-3 Compression -> Danelectro FAB Chorus --> Boss BD-2 Blues Driver --> Boss DS-1 Distortion --> Boss NS-2 Noise Gate --> Belcat Delay --> Kustom 30 Watt Tranny Amp

Maybe try this order...

• Members

Originally posted by FLYING V 83

I'd put the gate after the dirt & chorus but before the delay.

Don't want to be gating your delay repeats.

Everything else looks good, maybe put the comp after dirt to use as a booster.

Nice idea. I've ordered the comp with the intention of using it as a boost...

• Members

Originally posted by Daeveed

I'd say put all your effects in the NS-2 loop.

Except maybe for the Delay. I have my delay outside of my NS-2 loop.

I've thought about using the loop, but can you explain to an idiot what the advantages of this are please?!

• Members

I've thought about using the loop, but can you explain to an idiot what the advantages of this are please?!

well, rather than having to put all your pedals in front of the ns-2 to keep things quiet, if you use the loop, everything in the loop is dead silent. and just put delays after the ns-2, and you are golden.

i have everything on my board except the deluxe memory man and the echo park in the loop. love it. it keeps the overdrives and the big muff quiet.

• Members

Originally posted by analogtapes

well, rather than having to put all your pedals in front of the ns-2 to keep things quiet, if you use the loop, everything in the loop is dead silent. and just put delays after the ns-2, and you are golden.

i have everything on my board except the deluxe memory man and the echo park in the loop. love it. it keeps the overdrives and the big muff quiet.

Cool. I will consider that then...

Archived