new semaphores to be in larger box?

jimmyc84

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by jimmyc84

something i read on the tonefactor forums. nicholas?

i'm looking to get one very soon but debating whether to wait a bit. i doubt i'd find the current sized one too small though.

anyone else know anything about this?

I had bit of a moan about the small current size a while back and he hinted at something about larger boxes, although I'm not sure that was in direct reference to the Semaphore.

• Members

I'd be perfectly happy with smaller knobs, and a taller switch. My Octane III has a switch that is about twice as tall at that of the semaphore. It is my only complaint with the semaphore. Despite what anybody says to the contrary, it is very easy to bump the knobs when switching on/off.

• Members

i ought to be trying one tomorrow. it'd be right at the front of my board so might not be too much of a problem.

this is quite interesting though. i'm quite up for buying one but really want to know a bit more about the new ones before i do. like, are they just going to be a bit deeper and not wider.

just so you know i'm not talking rubbish, it got mentioned on the tf forums here;

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Tone_Factor/index.php?showtopic=578

• Members

I read in a thread somewhere how Cat. "will" put the Semaphore is a larger box if requested, but the task of keeping complex pedals in a tiny box is part of what interests him, so I think this is not likely.

Catalinbread should chime in sometime.

I have a space for a Semaphore or a Seek Trem on my board, but I haven't decided yet. I hope he doesn't change the box before I pick one up!

c

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

DSC02575sm.jpg

Not a permanent change. Just an option for big Americans with clown feet.

does this mean we can add tap tempo???

i mean nick likes having complex stuff in small boxes...

so if the box gets bigger can the circuit get more complex???

id buy it :)

• Members

I think its a bold, yet educating move.

I myself posted once that for me, it was just too small.

I've got size 13, and I'm not a ballet dancer.

Not to say I messed the knobs up on the old one, only that I didn't want to take that chance.

Very cool of Nic to listen to feedback. Some love it, some hate it, but you can't please everyone.

• Members

Originally posted by FLYING V 83

Only thing I'd change is where the led is.

Just personal preference, I like to see the light come on when I hit the switch.

That is nice, except with stuff like red witch where the superbright LED blinds you for 5 seconds when you turn the pedal on.

• Members

Originally posted by Fourth Floor

Amercian edition.
:D:p

Supersize it for fat bastard feet.:D

I thought my feet were big, but you're one size ahead of me. Taller switches and smaller knobs would be an easy fix I expect.

A larger one would allow and extra f/switch which could add the tap option.

Archived