My 1 year old got to my amp...

SoulSerenade

• Members
WOW, Im amazed at all the people POINTING FINGERS.... Screw them...
:bor:
They have no clue and are quick to judge... Its sad to see so many INSTANTLY make assumptions... We have a 3 and a 5 year old here and accidents happen. Again, glad everything worked out well!
:D

I guess it's more my bad for sharing. This is the forums and you have to assumed that people will have their opinions. Once you make anything public, it's open territory.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
what the {censored}?

glass is {censored}ing hard

he didn't just throw them on the floor

he musta yanked on them with his whole body weight

take him to the doc and get his eyes checked for glass shards
:(

He just said 'one year old', didn't say one year old what.

My guess is it was a one year old St Bernard

Cresap%20St%20Bernard-rev.jpg

• Members

I guess I have to be the one who asks. What amp is it?

GT Soul-O 30 15in combo. Very versatile amp with it's prebias knob and it's switchable power tube section. Currently have 6550's in there now. I mostly juggle KT66's, 6L6's, KT88's, and the 6550's in there.

Now, what to replace the preamp tubes with...

• Members

Looking at the picture, that's kind of an odd place for a back panel, isn't it? I mean, what's it protecting? Clearly not the tubes. Every tube amp I've owned has a back panel that you need to remove to change the tubes.

Hmmm. Weird.

• Members
Looking at the picture, that's kind of an odd place for a back panel, isn't it? I mean, what's it protecting? Clearly not the tubes. Every tube amp I've owned has a back panel that you need to remove to change the tubes.

Hmmm. Weird.

You're right. It seems more like it was placed there functionally for support vs. sound or tube protection. Though maybe it's wide open so that you can easily switch tubes, though it's not like you'd be doing it daily.

• Members

Today I walked in from the kitchen into my bedroom and my son had pulled my guitar of the bed and was standing on the body of the guitar...still have no idea where the selector switch cap is, and there's also a huge scratch in the finish. The funny thing is, when I walked in the room he looked so proud I couldn't even get mad...so I punched my wife (just kidding).

• Members

Someone should kick you in that ass for having it positioned so the little person could get their hand in it in the first place. Little person could have turned it on first and been badly burned or shocked.

There are probably 101 things a toddler can do to end up harming itself in anyway, don't be so quick to judge.

• Members

My daughter used to take the knobs off an old power amp I had. She'll get in my room and mess with all the input trims on the bottom of my electronic drum pads or play with the sliders on the brain. She just loves turning knobs. There was a time that kinda stuff would've made me mad but now I just laugh at it. Kids are fun!

For all you experts out there who think you can completely child-proof a house and watch kids 24/7, all I can do is quote some Priest..."YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMIN'!!!!!!". Being a parent can scare the hell out of you sometimes because you realize that there's a lot of stuff you can't control and all you can do is do what you can, hope for the best, and pray a lot.

• Members

The door was accidently left open to where my stuff is stored, unplugged. Took him all of 3 minutes to do that. But, wonder all you want...

I don't have to wonder. I have two of my own. They didn't get to be 15 and 11 because I left them unattended for three minutes when they were one year old.

• Members

I don't have to wonder. I have two of my own. They didn't get to be 15 and 11 because I left them unattended for three minutes when they were one year old.

Of course. All responsible parents watch their children 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you dont, they wont live past 5. Also, Al Gore invented the internet and the entire universe was created in 6 days.

I second the statement that the toddler prime directive is to fondle, smash, taste, swallow, and throw anything they can. They also have little ninja skills that let them move swifty and silently when you least expect it.

Archived