Kimsuzzie gone

g3rmanium

You confuse "defamation of character" (nice construct btw) with "facts."

And you are confusing "facts" with opinion. :)

Folks, I'm not going to insist that people conform to any POV... I appreciate different opinions, and respect the right that we each have to hold and express our own opinions. As far as HC is concerned, you all have a strong advocate of that principle in me.

However, in order to continue to enjoy that right, we each have to understand that others have that same right - even when - especially when - they disagree with us.

Saying something sucks is an opinion. Saying you think some pedal has quality issues based on your experience with that pedal is an opinion. Passing on what you've heard from others as "your" opinion, or voicing a sonic opinion about something you've never heard is just unprofessional, dishonest, unfair and uncool. Describing your bad experience with a company's customer support is your recounting of the experience from your perspective - IOW, your side of the story. The other side has a right to express their side of the story too, and the readers can make up their own minds, based on the reputations, personalities and character of the participants involved, as well as what they've heard or experienced themselves.

However, while I support all of that, and I want to allow both sides of any disagreement to have equal time and equal opportunity to express their POV, I don't want to allow the board to be overwhelmed with endless arguments and ad hominem attacks. Personal attacks violate the site rules, and they're not going to be allowed to run amok. If I feel that any member is being harassed or stalked, I'll have to take action.

My responsibility is to help keep HC hummin' and to do what I can to make sure that everyone can participate and voice their thoughts and opinions... but each of you also has a responsibility to use care in what you say and how you say it, as well as staying within the parameters of the HC site rules and terms of service. I'm not the "facts police", and there is no way I or HC can investigate every opinion and claim made on this site for accuracy. EACH OF YOU is responsible for what you personally post. If you cross the line into libel or slander, then that's on your head. :( And if I see something that I feel goes in that direction, or towards personal attacks on another forum member, flooding the forum, stalking, etc. etc. I will have to address it. That may mean a pulled post, or a pulled thread, or a warning or whatever...

I've never dealt with Lovepedal, nor played any of their pedals. No one has any "pull" here on either side of the debate with me, and I have to admit that I do resent the implication of such. :( My only criteria is trying to be fair, and enforcing the site rules / ToS. All I'm asking is that everyone be responsible and fair in how they voice their opinions, and that everyone be respectful of the fact that each of us are entitled to our opinions.

Please take a moment to think about your posts before hitting "submit". Thanks. :wave:

Archived