FD2 Style Boost

theweight

• Members

I was stupid and sold my FD2 when I was in a pinch for some quick cash to pay off a couple bills. Is there anything else that does that sound maybe without so much versatility? I only use it as a boost for my already wide open gain tone, so I don't need the extra boost channel or comp cut feature. I was hoping to find something similar for under $100. I may just bite the bullet and get an older model again. From the reviews around here it sounds like the Liquid Sunshine might fit the bill. How does that compare in tone?

• Members

I pretty much figured the Timmy is about the best boost money can buy, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to dish out even more when the FD2 is really great with my amp. If there isn't anything comparable to the FD2 at a lower price I'll just go back to old faithful.

• Members

Oh wow, I thought the Timmy was around $200. I guess I was thinking of the Tim. I think you're right on the FD2 though. I wound up selling mine for $155 on ebay and it was the early push/pull edition. I see them for about $130 on here and TGP all the time, so I'll just grab another one when I have the money. But then again, the Timmy seems like it would move extremely quick if I didn't like it, especially on TGP. Seems like they gas for anything with a waiting list over there.

• Members

Tim is $155 shipped...I'm on the list and its probably going to replace my Mosfet FD2...but yeah...even if the Timmy didn't work out for you they're ridiculously easy to sell for more than you paid for it..especially at TGP. Just find the right impatient bastard and you've got 200-300 bucks in your pocket. :D

• Members

Dammit, I did a little research and now I'm gassing for a Timmy, possibly the Tim too. I know I can turn them over quickly, and I can skip the FD2 if I like either one. Looks like I'll be signing up for the list soon. I have to save for the FKR since I'm on that list, too. I better throw some stuff up on ebay.

• Members

I'd recommend a Kaden Pavo Booster if all you want is a boost. Has a Grit knob so you can dial in/out as much graininess as you want, and has tons of volume on tap. Very transparent and loves pushing other dirt boxes or a driven amp.
Brad should have 'em in stock too, no waiting. I think I paid $100 for mine.

• Members
I'd recommend a Kaden Pavo Booster if all you want is a boost. Has a Grit knob so you can dial in/out as much graininess as you want, and has tons of volume on tap. Very transparent and loves pushing other dirt boxes or a driven amp.

Brad should have 'em in stock too, no waiting. I think I paid $100 for mine.

Love this pedal! :thu:

Archived