Quit playing guitar now!

sense_of_henry

• Members

Haha! Suburban Commando! I own the soundtrack. It has sound bites from the movie sporadically through it. I use it for my answering machine message sometimes.

I was wondering if anyone was going to get it. I haven't seen that movie since around 1989...but for some reason I never forgot that line...laughed my ass off (I was only 8 or 9 years old). Good times.

PS: That guitarist looks like he is getting donkey punched.

• Members

cool stuff...there seems to be a lot of people trying to play guitar like this, except hes doing it on a double necked guitar. i admire the skill it takes to do this...but its about the same as playing the piano or other instrument with keys, except instead of hammers on the strings, its your fingers.

cool though. i think i like playing with my pick better. i dont think the double neck two handed tapping would work for rock or metal :)

• Members
cool stuff...there seems to be a lot of people trying to play guitar like this, except hes doing it on a double necked guitar. i admire the skill it takes to do this...but its about the same as playing the piano or other instrument with keys, except instead of hammers on the strings, its your fingers.

cool though. i think i like playing with my pick better. i dont think the double neck two handed tapping would work for rock or metal
:)

Hey didn't I just see you in that other place.

Deja Vu

• Members
It's to dampen the open strings. The guys technique is all about tapping so the open notes need to be dampened.

Some of the videos on his site are less constipated looking. The guy has a cool technique. There are some blistering jazz pieces too.

While most of us struggle to strum chords while setting the tap tempo on our delay, this guy is doing something pretty cool.

+ 1. Not my favorite style, but I can forgive the brewtullee constipated looks in favor of the technique which is likely better than 99.9% of the players on these forums possess. :D

• Members

i think it's dubbed. i don't think he is really playing that. if you watch his fingers, it doesn't add up right. i think this is a hoax.

Maybe...but Youtube doesn't always synch up properly so I'm going to chalk it up to that and not it being a hoax for now.

• Members

Maybe...but Youtube doesn't always synch up properly so I'm going to chalk it up to that and not it being a hoax for now.

I'd be very surprised if it were a hoax. Hell, it would probably take just as long to train yourself to mimic those parts as it would to do it for real.

At any rate, I don't see how this technique doesn't lead to joint problems, and quick. Man, look at how contorted his wrist is on his right hand! It hurts to hold my hand like that for a second, let alone tap a gigue!

Archived