Paul McCartney's guitarist has great tone...

wacopacco

• Members

who is also has been in your town? mr. no more land mines or cornish?

:)

i don't know, just what i was told today. I was talking to my dealer about some vintage gear.. and he was informing his boss has been talking to him about 3-5 pieces.. he only told me about a 55 and 52 nocaster.. I'd love to see them. but he doesn't bring them out for just anyone to see and touch.

• Members

So yeah, basically what you need is the kind of money you'd get paid for being in Paul McCartney's band :) Failing that, a decent 335 type axe and an AC30 flavoured amp (which is what the description on the /13 site seem to be hinting towards)

Incidentally, the guitarists in question are Rusty Anderson (with the 335), and Brian Ray (Les Paul at Glastonbury, Bass at the Superbowl and whenever Paul's not playing it)

The enormous drummer is Abraham Laboriel Jr.

• Members

absolutely you need the hands, but I have played rustys amp a bunch of times and that tone is in the amp. Rusty isnt using many pedals and most of the time he is just running the amps. He is using greenbacks at the moment and with the D13's and a good solid guitar you get that tone. I was nailing that tone playing through his amp, now he is a better player than me but thats another story:cry:

• Members

by the way it may be ac30 like, but its so much more. Really really tight low end and a bit more complex sounding. Also keep in mind the click channel which is a super saturated and at times he is using the lift on the switchazel which is a super cool boost like a rangemaster but more modern sounding. He also uses the dyna ranger which is a rangemaster clone with some tonal shaping. I tried to mimick those tones with some other amps but its not gonna happen. You need to obviously play well, have the D13, a sweet guitar and 2-3 Pedals for light touches here and there. Also watch him and his SG's thats some monster tone he uses the custom shop SG's most of the time, 1 P90 version and 1 Hum version.

• Members

i need to get myself a Divided by 13

I have 2 now, and another one coming. Its the way to go. The options are so much that seriously you add 2 pedals and the amp you are done with cleans overdrive crunch fuzz etc. In fact just adding the switchazel gives you 3 channels essentially. The click channel is unreal, image a fuzz with tight tight low end, cleans up, but when you dig in has this really saturated crunch that is crisp and clear and refined. You gotta hear it to believe it.

• Members

Jeeze who was his drummer... Amazing!

as Mac was 2

It's Abe Laboriel Jr...

He is a freaking monster drummer!

He loves Heavy Metal! When he is introducted at a PM show he gives the devil sign and yells "Are you ready to ROCK!" in his best Metal scream!

Voted #1 pop drummer for 2006 in drummerworld...

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Abe_Laboriel_jr.html

• Members

I have 2 now, and another one coming. Its the way to go. The options are so much that seriously you add 2 pedals and the amp you are done with cleans overdrive crunch fuzz etc. In fact just adding the switchazel gives you 3 channels essentially. The click channel is unreal, image a fuzz with tight tight low end, cleans up, but when you dig in has this really saturated crunch that is crisp and clear and refined. You gotta hear it to believe it.

damn gass attack :thu::cool:

• Members

It's Abe Laboriel Jr...

He is a freaking monster drummer!

He loves Heavy Metal! When he is introducted at a PM show he gives the devil sign and yells "Are you ready to ROCK!" in his best Metal scream!

Voted #1 pop drummer for 2006 in drummerworld...

you should hear his father. Friggin awesome bassist.

doesn't that Live and Let Die link above kick the {censored} out of the GnR version?

Archived