Best modded ts9

surfcat

• Members

Keeley-plus mod, baked? Which is a better Srv type sound? The website is confusing-the baked is for "leads" with 3x the gain-used by Paisley, etc.

The plus is for "rhythm" used by Frampton, Mayer, etc. But from the descriptions the plus seems more like what I want.:confused:

Analog Man-silver? These seem to cost more than the Keeleys.

I'm confused about which is best-are they better/worse than the Blues Devil, which also sounds like what I'm looking for or the stock Maxon Od9 or Od808?

edit: the Analogman Silver is $195, the Analog man classic808 modded ts9 is $165, so the classic isn't more, just the silver.

• Members

My favorite pedal of all time is an old 80's TS-9 that I had Keeley give the regular blue light mod to. I tried a Keeley "baked mod" on a TS9DX but it was obnoxious sounding, I sent it back to Keeley and he un-baked it for free, just gave me the regular mod. Now I have two Keeley tubescreamers on my pedalboard, they casscade beautifully.

• Members

My favorite pedal of all time is an old 80's TS-9 that I had Keeley give the regular blue light mod to. I tried a Keeley "baked mod" on a TS9DX but it was obnoxious sounding, I sent it back to Keeley and he un-baked it for free, just gave me the regular mod. Now I have two Keeley tubescreamers on my pedalboard, they casscade beautifully.

Okay, good info-not sure if it was too over the top partially because it was the turbo screamer, but I was thinking 3x the gain seemed a bit much for the mod anyway.

Jhalen-that one is on my list too-just too many choices. I do kind of like the classic green look of the Ibanez/Maxon's I have to admit, but if something else just sounds better then I'd go for it. Some people also bring up the Blues Pro-I'm not sure what the difference is besides all the extra knobs on the Blues Boy.

• Members
IMHO, i like the stock ts9Ri better thatn the mods ive tried, (Am 808brown, DIY 808 mod ) i think the ts808 sound is just to dark, how ever the only mod that interest me right now is the Am silver. might just have to get it.

I'm a little confused about the 808 sound-I liked the Maxon od808 but I'm told that's based on a ts10, not a ts808. I also like the ts5, but I don't know what it's based on. I could order both Maxons and both Ibanezes from MF and send 3 of them back.:idea:

• Members

the 808 just has the same board as the ts10, but , all the ibanez tube screamers use the same circuit, is just that the layout is differnt , for the truer ts808 i would recomend the Ibanez RI as they use the exact circuit layout as the 808 just cheapr components a differnt chips and differnt resistor values. unless you get the TS808 reissue that uses the came cip and resitor values as the originals.

• Members

You can just mod them yourself if you want. Get a few transistors and chips and stuff like that. The JRC chip is like...50 cents? I'm actually going to put a blue LED in when I do it to mine, just something i like about having a blue LED in all of my pedals. Well my DMM doesn't have blue LED's, but whatever, its juts overload and if its on or not.

Archived