Any fans of the CE-2?

trlkvsky

• Members

I just bought a Small Clone, am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. However, upon reading a few HC reviews bringing up reliability issues, I'm starting to wonder if my choice wasn't a little ill-advised... Somehow, I'm now a little more intrigued by the Boss CE-2... :(

Any thoughts, comments, opinions?

• Members

the small clone is a lot thicker than the CE2. the CE2 is pretty subtle. also, they need a 12V power supply. if they don't have the correct power supply they'll hiss and the LED is very dim.

if anything's going to break on the small clone, it would be the switch, which is easy to replace.

also, lost highway kicks ass :thum:

• Members

the small clone is a lot thicker than the CE2. the CE2 is pretty subtle. also, they need a 12V power supply. if they don't have the correct power supply they'll hiss and the LED is very dim.

if anything's going to break on the small clone, it would be the switch, which is easy to replace.

also, lost highway kicks ass :thum:

Well, that's reassuring to hear... I hope it's the case, otherwise I'll be sorely disappointed.

Also what's the deal with the Japan vs. Taiwan versions of the CE-2? Are they that different?

BTW... "Paperhouse"... is that a reference to the Can track off Tago Mago??

• Members
Well, that's reassuring to hear... I hope it's the case, otherwise I'll be sorely disappointed.

Also what's the deal with the Japan vs. Taiwan versions of the CE-2? Are they that different?

BTW... "Paperhouse"... is that a reference to the Can track off Tago Mago??

yes it is :thu:

i've heard various stories about the japan vs taiwan. i haven't compared them side by side but the japanese ones always sell for more.

• Members

whoever things it sounds awesome should stop living in the 80s :wave:

:eek:

:wave:

;)

• Members
Ah go sniff some more corks.
:p

you obviously didnt read my sig; short of adding a couple walmart pedals, i couldnt be too much further from corksniffing. a little, but not too much.

and, having gone through close to 20 chorii, i found the ce-2 to be the most unimpressive, both mij and mit versions. sure, i'd use 'em, but only cuz i'm a trashy pedal-whore.

there. i said it.

• Members
whoever things it sounds awesome should stop living in the 80s
:wave:

Screw you 80s hater :shakes fist:

Actually I picked up a MIJ CE-2 last year and was a little underwhelmed - there's not a whole lot of sounds in there and the rate knob is painfully slow compared to a lot of other units. I wouldn't mind trying the CE-2B as you could blend just a touch of chorus onto the clean tone, rather than saturating it. I thought it was just a CE-2 with a blend control though, rather than specifically designed to effect the high frequencies, say like the HF-2.

• Members
you obviously didnt read my sig; short of adding a couple walmart pedals, i couldnt be too much further from corksniffing. a little, but not too much.

and, having gone through close to 20 chorii, i found the ce-2 to be the most unimpressive, both mij and mit versions. sure, i'd use 'em, but only cuz i'm a trashy pedal-whore.

there. i said it.

Well, let's just agree to disagree then my friend. I've had much equipment myself over the past 15 years of playing. My search stopped when I got a CE-2 a couple months ago. Yes, I like the 80's chorus tone. :D

Rock on

Archived