The Simpsons ... so anybody NOT like them?

TIKILOCKEDOUT

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to love the Simpsons, then I had a kid. We decided not to let him watch it, so I haven't seen a full episode in about 7-8 years. Somehow I lost interest in it and now when it comes on I just find it annoying.

Same with Family Guy and Monty Python-- years ago I thought it was funny, now it makes me want to punch old ladies. Granted, Monty Python it was more of an overdose in high school.

• Members
I used to love the Simpsons, then I had a kid. We decided not to let him watch it, so I haven't seen a full episode in about 7-8 years. Somehow I lost interest in it and now when it comes on I just find it annoying.

Same with Family Guy and Monty Python-- years ago I thought it was funny, now it makes me want to punch old ladies. Granted, Monty Python it was more of an overdose in high school.

I still enjoy Monty Python ... but in 10 yearly doses these days. By the way, I had no idea you had a child ... where the hell do you find the time to be posting here?!! :eek:

• Members

I totally agree with getting sick of Family Guy. First couple seasons were funny then it just got stupid.

But getting sick of Monty Python...........I dont know about that. MP is timeless.

• Members

Sorry mate ... most of what IS facile on Australian TV is from America ... so yeah I can agree with you on that count; but in Australia I spend nearly ALL my time watching the ABC or SBS which is generally packed with cultural and foreign documentaries, films and comedy as well as current affairs and special interest type shows. There is indeed intelligent TV to be watched but most people aren't very intelligent to begin with so they naturally gravitate towards the {censored} on the commercial TV stations.

If Facile is your idea of genius ... ok.

Sorry man... when i lived in australia there were only two channels... BBC and ABC... all i can go by is shows for kids back then... BBC kids cartoons seem like they are made by a bunch of permafried hippies, and ABC was full of all kinds of gay variety and skit shows.

When it comes down to it, and i actually sit down and watch TV, im usually watching documentaries as well... I used to love the history channel, but i feel like ive already seen all of their documentaries i am interested in. Please stop rehashing WWII with the same stock footage you had in last weeks show.

Now the simpsons has been on for a damn long time... some seasons were better than others. some episodes were absolutely genius... like 22 short films about springfield. The show is about suburban TV character archetypes, and for the most part it parodies them very well.

When i sit down to watch TV, sometimes I'm not looking to be intelectually challenged... sometimes i just want to laugh, and even you admitted that you have laughed at it.

The show has been on for 15 years, and they still somehow come up with a new scene in the intro when they all run to the couch to sit down. AND THANK THE {censored} FLAMING LORD, THEY DONT HAVE A GOD DAMNED LAUGH TRACK. Ive gotten to a point where i cant watch shows with laugh tracks.

• Members

just thought id mention also that most people i know that dont like the simpsons have subscriptions to magazines like PEOPLE, or are over 40

I'm neither of those and I find them very tired and unamusing...but then it's the same with South Park and Family Guy. They all had their moments and have spent the rest of their existence trying to squeeze as much profit out of weak humour, monotonous characters (feature film anyone?), and endless merchandising.

Just because the Simpsons is an American institution, does not make it funny.:idea::wave:

• Members
I'm neither of those and I find them very tired and unamusing...but then it's the same with South Park and Family Guy. They all had their moments and have spent the rest of their existence trying to squeeze as much profit out of weak humour, monotonous characters (feature film anyone?), and endless merchandising.

Just because the Simpsons is an American institution, does not make it funny.
:idea::wave:

oh, come on now... the southpark movie was funny as hell.

and the simpsons certainly did not start off as an american institution.

other simpsons haters inclue larry the cable guy fans.

I will agree that the simpsons should really call it quits though... each new season takes away from the older ones IMHO... that is true of just about anything that makes money though. Do we really need another aerosmith album... {censored} no.

• Members
oh, come on now... the southpark movie was funny as hell.

and the simpsons certainly did not start off as an american institution.

other simpsons haters inclue larry the cable guy fans.

I will agree that the simpsons should really call it quits though... each new season takes away from the older ones IMHO... that is true of just about anything that makes money though. Do we really need another aerosmith album... {censored} no.

This is where you fail...when someone disagrees with something, immediately the arguement/labelling is that they're "haters"...

...hate has nothing to do with it...it's just not lol funny to me.:bor:

• Members

I'm lucky that my girlfriend hates that horrible show. But for some reason, she thinks Family guy is worth watching. I'd rather rip my Eyelids off and staple my ass to the floor in front of a tv playing a Simpsons marathon rather than watch Family Guy.

• Members
This is where you fail...when someone disagrees with something, immediately the arguement/labelling is that they're "haters"...

...hate has nothing to do with it...it's just not lol funny to me.
:bor:

fair enough man. I'm not calling you a hater... although I'm really not sure how someone could watch that movie and not laugh. My wife claims to hate south park, but when she watches it she laughs just as much as i do... Yet she can watch friends reruns over and over, barely crack a smile and insist that she loves the show.

• Members

...hate has nothing to do with it...it's just not lol funny to me.
:bor:

Not like Nadman right?

I used to laugh my arse off at the earlier years...I haven't watched it in years BUT, I used to like it lots!

There is room for everything right?

"I hate you cos you hate.....insert anything here!"

Does it matter?

• Members
fair enough man. I'm not calling you a hater... although I'm really not sure how someone could watch that movie and not laugh. My wife claims to hate south park, but when she watches it she laughs just as much as i do... Yet she can watch friends reruns over and over, barely crack a smile and insist that she loves the show.

There is a show I can neither stand nor fathom. Friends.

I hate that show!

:wave: :wave:

Archived