A Serious Question For All Builders....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
sometimes when ordering from the usa to italy i have been asked if i wanted to declare the whole value or if i wanted to declare less, this because once the pedal gets to italy you have to pay 20% taxes on it. Wonder what would happen if a package went lost......
:(

Tough one that.

Pay more taxes BUT know if it gets lost you get back the real value.

Skimp out on taxes, risk getting F.A if it goes tits!

Gambling at its very finest.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

• Members

I never buy insurance for one simple reason... Insurance for shipping is complete and utter bull{censored}. At my old work we insured every package we shipped and in 10 years we only were paid for one claim. They always came up with some reason that they wouldnt pay.

Most companies that ship a lot will mark their sales orders showing where they consider ownership to chage place.

usually marked "FOB shipping point" meaning once they ship it, it's yours and your responsibility. If you want insurance you better have asked for it before hand. This is the CYA method, and the terms almost all large companies use. In spite of ownership changing hands, the shipper is usually the only one who can file a claim, because they bought the insurance.

or marked "FOB destination". meaning once the package is showing up being delivered, ownership changes hands. Almost no one does this anymore, unless they have their own trucks delivering.

That said, i dont even think about it. I dont even know how many packages ive shipped in the last few years, but I havent lost one yet. I've had a couple take a few days longer than they should. I also had a guy claim he never got his pedal for over a month, then his wife realized she picked it up and had been sitting in the trunk of their car.

• Members
I never buy insurance for one simple reason... Insurance for shipping is complete and utter bull{censored}. At my old work we insured every package we shipped and in 10 years we only were paid for one claim. They always came up with some reason that they wouldnt pay.

Most companies that ship a lot will mark their sales orders showing where they consider ownership to chage place.

usually marked "FOB shipping point" meaning once they ship it, it's yours and your responsibility. If you want insurance you better have asked for it before hand. This is the CYA method, and the terms almost all large companies use. In spite of ownership changing hands, the shipper is usually the only one who can file a claim, because they bought the insurance.

or marked "FOB destination". meaning once the package is showing up being delivered, ownership changes hands. Almost no one does this anymore, unless they have their own trucks delivering.

That said, i dont even think about it. I dont even know how many packages ive shipped in the last few years, but I havent lost one yet. I've had a couple take a few days longer than they should. I also had a guy claim he never got his pedal for over a month, then his wife realized she picked it up and had been sitting in the trunk of their car.

So what is the answer to this then?

I hear what you aare saying about the infrequency of stuff going walkies BUT, it does happen.

:( :( :(

• Members
So what is the answer to this then?

I hear what you aare saying about the infrequency of stuff going walkies BUT, it does happen.

Well, i usually make sure i have some sort of delivery confirmation or tracking. If i track it and it shows it was delivered, I really cant be responsible for anything else.

If it takes forever and is still not delivered, i suppose i'd just ship another pedal.

If it says it was delivered, then my responsibility is done.

This is a big part of the reason that i dont sell direct much. Dealers are always around to receive packages, and a box with 25 pedals in it is much easier to keep track of than 25 individual boxes.

• Members

Well, i usually make sure i have some sort of delivery confirmation or tracking. If i track it and it shows it was delivered, I really cant be responsible for anything else.

If it takes forever and is still not delivered, i suppose i'd just ship another pedal.

If it says it was delivered, then my responsibility is done.

This is a big part of the reason that i dont sell direct much. Dealers are always around to receive packages, and a box with 25 pedals in it is much easier to keep track of than 25 individual boxes.

When you say delivery confirmation, do you mean signature or.....?

Mine was confirmed as having been delivered...IE Dumped on wide open back porch.

• Members

Was it a special order or anything, Adam?

Special graphics, paint, etc?

If so...we could all try and keep an eye out for someone selling it.

If it got snagged at your doorstep, its pretty likely the fool doesn't even know what he/she has.

If I were to say ANYTHING......it would be too obvious.

Believe me.....I am watching.

Thanks for the thought though.

I am hoping it will show so I can then refund the refund, and smash it to pieces AND film it for YouTube.

Will never order from this person again.

Archived