A Serious Question For All Builders....

• Members
I will wait until a few days have passed.....

He may come to his senses and then I will let you know what the pedal was BUT praise him for coming to his senses.

I understand how frustrated the builder must be. He is probably kicking himself for cheaping out on the insurance AND not getting a signature confirmation BUT...........Hardly my fault...I paid 100% good money so, I expect 100% good service.

I wonder how said person would feel standing in my shoes?

Me? Classy?

HA! HA! HA!

I love you!

:wave:

:D :D :D

I hope it gets resolved soon.

c

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure I understand the grief. Is he accusing you of having the pedal, and lying about it?

I think that is what is being suggested.

The postman says...."I delivered it."

IE dumped it on the back porch.....Unsecure building. "I have the authority to do this from the recipient!"

I say "BS!"

Post office say "Our policy is this is not allowed and therefore if it is lost, it is our problem!" "We also do not have this in writing so EVEN if it were so, so, no dice!"

WE HATE OUR POSTMAN!!!!!! Not the first time this has happened......

Builder seems to be disputing this saying "Ah! But Postie says he delivered it so.....I am not building 2 pedals for anyone.

:( :( :(

• Members

*bump*

Okay.....

I have basically been told to {censored} off in more ways than one.

I am not going to name this person because it seems I am the only bastard that has had this problem BUT, I will give you all some pointers. By that I mean, don't get inconvenienced like I did. I know you guys are smarter than I.

So.......

Always insist/qualify that the pedal/package you are having shipped to you IS insured for the full value of the pedal. Seems obvious in hindsight AND one would expect the sender to have figured this out, no matter how many packages have arrived safely.

Always insist/qualify that the package is required for you to sign for it.

I know this sounds obvious BUT, it seems not.

HAD I INSISTED ON BOTH, WELL.......LET'S JUST SAY MORE FOOL ME FOR ASSUMING.

I am not out financially BUT, that was never the issue. I have offered to wait for another BUT have just received a refund. No explanation, no answer to my last email. NADA!

I wont out this person because I do believe this is isloated BUT.......IT REALLY SUCKS!

Make sure you don't have this wonderful experience guys.

I only wanted the frikkin pedal, did not want a refund.

I am now going to go and shoot myself.

I will start the thread when I am dead.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

• Members

#16, I hope that you get everything resolved satisfactorily and quickly.

On an aside, after reading this thread, its nice to know that there are people like Marc out there who make sure that his customers get what they ordered. Looking forward to mine.

• Members

#16, I hope that you get everything resolved satisfactorily and quickly.

On an aside, after reading this thread, its nice to know that there are people like Marc out there who make sure that his customers get what they ordered. Looking forward to mine.

Thanks.

It is resolved in as much that the builder has refunded me my monies, against my wishes. I asked for a replacement pedal, at his convenience.

The builder will not respond to my emails asking him about the other pedals I have on order. It looks like I can forget about them.

In other words, in my opinion, a rousing go {censored} yourself Mr. client!

It is an isolated incident that both parties will learn from BUT, I feel this is no way to treat a client.

As you pointed out, there are many brilliant builders that more than balance the equation.

• Members

I had a somewhat similar experience at a local music store. I had put an amp head on layaway. Later, I decided that I didn't actually want it and went back to get refunded for the down payment. The guitar guy that sold it to me was the one that I was dealing with. He informed me that there is a 20% restocking fee. I wasn't really surprised by this neccesarily but I wasn't aware of this policy.

So, as he was typing whatever into the computer I mentioned that they should let people know this ahead of time or at least have a sign by the register telling people of there policy. He looks at me and says, "I'll tell you what, I'll give you a full refund if you promise never to come back."

I was so taken aback by this I didn't know what to say. But I told him no thanks and I don't see any reason to be like that. So I left and got more annoyed about this as I drove home. It turns out he refunded the full amount anyway. (It was on my credit card)

I called the place later and asked for the manager or owner and told him what happened. I told him that I thought the guitar guy's comment was out of line. He said he would talk to him and later on I got a call from the guitar guy apologizing. I'm not one to hold a grudge so I accepted his apology and I haven't had any issues with him since.

• Members

I had a somewhat similar experience at a local music store. I had put an amp head on layaway. Later, I decided that I didn't actually want it and went back to get refunded for the down payment. The guitar guy that sold it to me was the one that I was dealing with. He informed me that there is a 20% restocking fee. I wasn't really surprised by this neccesarily but I wasn't aware of this policy.

So, as he was typing whatever into the computer I mentioned that they should let people know this ahead of time or at least have a sign by the register telling people of there policy. He looks at me and says, "I'll tell you what, I'll give you a full refund if you promise never to come back."

I was so taken aback by this I didn't know what to say. But I told him no thanks and I don't see any reason to be like that. So I left and got more annoyed about this as I drove home. It turns out he refunded the full amount anyway. (It was on my credit card)

I called the place later and asked for the manager or owner and told him what happened. I told him that I thought the guitar guy's comment was out of line. He said he would talk to him and later on I got a call from the guitar guy apologizing. I'm not one to hold a grudge so I accepted his apology and I haven't had any issues with him since.

We are all human and we all have off days so I do agree.

Glass houses and all that.

I just don't get the off week thing in my situation.

I am so annoyed about this, so annoyed.

I have made numerous attempts to find a solution, all I am getting is abuse. It sucks the big one.

• Members

sometimes when ordering from the usa to italy i have been asked if i wanted to declare the whole value or if i wanted to declare less, this because once the pedal gets to italy you have to pay 20% taxes on it. Wonder what would happen if a package went lost...... :(

• Members

i think you should out him, there are a lot of great, stand up builders and forumites here but theres always a few assholes in the bunch. The fact that he gave you a full refund without waiting a week or two to see if things got caught up in transit makes me even more skeptical he sent anything out. And from the sounds of it, it was a very expensive pedal! If he really sent it out AND refunded your money that would mean he is out quite a bit of money. Didn't you say it was insured for $240, which was only half the price of the pedal. That means if he really sent a pedal AND refunded your money he's out almost a thousand bucks! I find it hard to believe he wouldn't use every means possible to find that lost pedal, given the history of UPS and USPS I'd have waited and then I'd go to the shipper and get some satisfaction- by any means possible.

This whole thing reaks of bull{censored}, and its guys like him that give the creative custom built instrument makers a bad name.

• Members

Wow. After reading the responses from builders in this thread I feel like an idiot. I bought a pedal from a very well known builder a little over a year ago worth well over $200+ and asked that he didn't insure it because it would result in high duty fees for me. It didn't arrive so I emailed him and was told that it has taken months for some of his pedals to arrive to addresses outside of the U.S. and that I should wait it out. I waited a while longer and sent another email to him but it didn't get returned. I let it go because I do believe he sent the pedal. I bought the pedal again at a dealers store but I still feel burned about it, lot of money down the plug hole.

• Members

That is what I figured.....It seems the way EVERYONE else does this. I am guessing the person cheaped out on me?

I will keep my mind open for now BUT I am not super impressed AND if thisperson doesn't sort this, I will out him for the "safety" of everyone else.

I feel this is BOGUS!

Insurance is the shipper's responsibility - the recipient has no claim with the carrier until it hits their doorstep and they take posession. If the pedal is lost - it's up to the sender to make the claim.

Archived