A Serious Question For All Builders....

• Members
It was insured, just $200 less than the price and then another $40 less than tax and shipping.

Good huh?

:(

well, that's just pissing in the wind...

in this country insurance is generally at price breaks,

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
{censored} it, name them now... but tell us IF they make good.. yeah? yeah?

go on, i'm drunk and bored...

Ha! Ha!

I remember that one....

Nope.....Not doin this for dramatic effect.

Just needed to make sure I wasn't missing the point here.

:wave: :wave:

• Members

I always insure for the full amount, and if not shipped UPS, always do signature confirmation on USPS.

it's a small price to pay for piece of mind (DUMB i know...) but for pedal building, if you're only making a few bucks here and there might as well cover your ass-ets.

IMHO its as simple as that.

Cheap people blow my mind. :confused:

• Members
The insurance is to cover the seller's risk, not yours. Regardless of whether they purchased insurance or how much insurance, it is the seller's responsibility to make good if the shipper loses the package.

Again....

You do things right Marc.

I will out this person IF he continues to maintain the current mantra.

I figure he needs to sleep on it a while.

The inference is "How do I know you don't have it?"

:( :( :(

• Members

The insurance is to cover the seller's risk, not yours. Regardless of whether they purchased insurance or how much insurance, it is the seller's responsibility to make good if the shipper loses the package.

Thanks for your input as always....Hope you and yours are well?

Should be sending you a box end of this week OR early next.

How goes the CD pedal?

When you send it, please insure it for a penny!

:D:wave: :wave: :wave::D

• Members

I think the delivery is the responsibility of the seller.

If he needs to chargemore for insurance so be it --- it is then your choice if you still want to buy the pedal, given the extra cost.

Kudos to Nic for taking care of his customers.

c

Hey people.

For once a serious post.

I have a "situation" I am attempting to resolve amicably with "someone" who has shipped/attempted to ship me a brand new pedal.

Here is my question.

When you send out your pedals to the client, do you insure it for what the customer paid for it OR your cost to make it?

At present I have a "lost" package due to a slack postman(go figure!) and I am being told, at best, I MAY receive the value the package was insured for. Less than half the pedals worth.

The "party line is" Well, I am not sure if the postman did or didn't deliver this, so......I am not building 2 pedals for the price of one for ANYONE. I also only insured it for "x" and I didn't do signature delivery confirmation because it is BS.

I am not asking for my money back, just asking the "person" where to next?

This is ongoing so, no name calling, no screaming.....I am very curious to know what all the other builders do OR think of this?

Thanks for your time!

:wave:

• Members

Well said (uh, typed)!:thu:

c

The contract with the shipping company is between them and the sender (the seller). It is not the recipient's responsibility to ensure that the package arrives safely; it is the shipper's.

Should an item arrive damaged, the recipient should keep all original packaging for insurance documentation purposes. That is the only responsibility of the recipient.

It is not the recipient's job to initiate inquiries about lost packages with the shipper. Items are not sent at the recipient's risk, but at the seller's risk. Whether or not the seller purchased insurance on the package, it is they who are responsible to supply you with the goods you paid for.

• Members
The inference is "How do I know you don't have it?"

That's a pretty wanky position to maintain, especially of an indepent builder dealing with someone who maintains a public reputation as you do amongest pedal geeks such as us.
I mean really if the person underinsured then takes of the position of "How do I know you don't have it?" that's pretty lame business ethics . . . maybe that's just me though . . .

• Members
I think the delivery is the responsibility of the seller.

If he needs to chargemore for insurance so be it --- it is then your choice if you still want to buy the pedal, given the extra cost.

Kudos to Nic for taking care of his customers.

c

Indeed.

I feel this is very lame treatment I am receiving.

:( :(

• Members
That's a pretty wanky position to maintain, especially of an indepent builder dealing with someone who maintains a public reputation as you do amongest pedal geeks such as us.

I mean really if the person underinsured then takes of the position of "How do I know you don't have it?" that's pretty lame business ethics . . . maybe that's just me though . . .

Must admit I share the opinion expressed on this station....

:wave: :wave:

• Members

Marc....

Builds ace pedals, talks major sense and is hung like a donkey!

Knows a thing or two about customer cervix!

:D :D :D

• Members
Must admit I share the opinion expressed on this station....

:D :D

Hey Adam, it's quite classy of you not to blurt out the name of the company, and I support your position on this, even though the rest of the peanut gallery will probably bug you for the person's identty.

I think :idea: the best way to handle this identity question is to compromise -- you don't tell us who, but you tell us what pedal you bought...

c

• Members

:D
:D

Hey Adam, it's quite classy of you not to blurt out the name of the company, and I support your position on this, even though the rest of the peanut gallery will probably bug you for the person's identty.

I think
:idea:
the best way to handle this identity question is to compromise -- you don't tell us who, but you tell us what pedal you bought...

c

I will wait until a few days have passed.....

He may come to his senses and then I will let you know what the pedal was BUT praise him for coming to his senses.

I understand how frustrated the builder must be. He is probably kicking himself for cheaping out on the insurance AND not getting a signature confirmation BUT...........Hardly my fault...I paid 100% good money so, I expect 100% good service.

I wonder how said person would feel standing in my shoes?

Me? Classy?

HA! HA! HA!

I love you!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

• Members

I have had a few packages "missing", and the customer has asked about a replacement. In ALL cases (so far), a simple wait of a week was all that was needed. The package was simply lost in a truck somewhere, and eventually arrived. The worry I have is if I send a replacement right away, and the original package arrives, I may lose that pedal. So my stance as of right now is to wait a week to see what happens. Overseas, it's sometimes a few weeks.

In either case, no matter how long it takes, in the end you paid for a pedal, you should get a pedal. Unfortunatelly for us, it's the senders loss if it gets lost. If the package gets lost 10 times, we still have to send the 11th pedal, until one arrives. That's what the customer paid for. All I ask is that the customer be patient, and give the post office a week to find the package.

Also, I don't always use insurance. I figure since I've never had a lost package, adding up the cost of insurance on all of those packages cost more than a single lost pedal. So I guess I "self insure". I usually get insurance for dealer orders, and overseas orders.

Something to remember as the buyer, the seller is the one who really loses if the pedal is lost. It takes a long time for them to resolve that the package is lost, and to finally pay the insurance claim. For the smaller builders, a single lost pedal can be a major deal.

• Members
I have had a few packages "missing", and the customer has asked about a replacement. In ALL cases (so far), a simple wait of a week was all that was needed. The package was simply lost in a truck somewhere, and eventually arrived. The worry I have is if I send a replacement right away, and the original package arrives, I may lose that pedal. So my stance as of right now is to wait a week to see what happens. Overseas, it's sometimes a few weeks.

In either case, no matter how long it takes, in the end you paid for a pedal, you should get a pedal. Unfortunatelly for us, it's the senders loss if it gets lost. If the package gets lost 10 times, we still have to send the 11th pedal, until one arrives. That's what the customer paid for. All I ask is that the customer be patient, and give the post office a week to find the package.

Also, I don't always use insurance. I figure since I've never had a lost package, adding up the cost of insurance on all of those packages cost more than a single lost pedal. So I guess I "self insure". I usually get insurance for dealer orders, and overseas orders.

Something to remember as the buyer, the seller is the one who really loses if the pedal is lost. It takes a long time for them to resolve that the package is lost, and to finally pay the insurance claim. For the smaller builders, a single lost pedal can be a major deal.

Totally understand......

That's the annoying part....I am not demanding anything, being super nice/patient and feel I am getting "less than fair" treatment.

I am in no rush for a replacement and yet am getting grief.

Quite frustrating.

We shall see where it goes BUT I completely understand what you are saying.

:thu: :thu:

Archived