Video demos of Boss/Fender amp pedals

Uma Floresta

• Members

I saw the link to this at TGP. I like the Deluxe Reverb - pretty good for digital. The guy demoing the tweed must run a day care on the side. :p

Deluxe Reverb

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=855&ParentId=72

'59 Bassman:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=854&ParentId=72

I didn't see these vids posted on HC - unless I missed it.

• Members

while working at guitar center for 3 years I met JD (Johnny Demarco) many times. He is an awesome guitarist and comes out and does almost every boss demo that they have.

The funny thing is, he talks like everyone is 5 years old all the time. its kinda annoying but you can't get pissed at guy for being who he is. The best thing I ever saw him do was demp the roland GR-20. He loves that unit and is the only guitarist that I have heard who can use it the right way and make it sound good!

I loved the Boss FDR. That reverb and vibrato sounded great and it broke up just in the right way. Kinda sounded a little trebbly but I use humbuckers so it should even it out.

Anyone know what they are going for street???? Maybe in the $179.00 ball park

• Members

while working at guitar center for 3 years I met JD (Johnny Demarco) many times. He is an awesome guitarist and comes out and does almost every boss demo that they have.

The funny thing is, he talks like everyone is 5 years old all the time. its kinda annoying but you can't get pissed at guy for being who he is. The best thing I ever saw him do was demp the roland GR-20. He loves that unit and is the only guitarist that I have heard who can use it the right way and make it sound good!

I loved the Boss FDR. That reverb and vibrato sounded great and it broke up just in the right way. Kinda sounded a little trebbly but I use humbuckers so it should even it out.

Anyone know what they are going for street???? Maybe in the $179.00 ball park

$150

• Members

Also...IMHO those sound pretty bland. My old J-Station sounded every bit as good as that.

Edit: I also found it funny that you could hear noticeable reverb on the video for the Bassman pedal. Even though the pedal (and of course the original amp) had no such thing.

• Members

I just want to know the price. If its anywhere near $100...this just screams of marketing gimmick and greed. I haven't heard them in person, but Phil did and he said he very quickly decided that he preferred the real thing over these pedals. Then, take into account that modelers that do a pretty decent 'digital' version of both of those amps can be had for 100-200 dollars easy, and also feature a broad array of effects and a lot of other amp models as well...these things just seem 100% pointless to me. They might actually sell a lot of them because it says Fender Bassman and Fender Deluxe Reverb on it, but I think this entire concept is bull{censored}. And I'm a fan of Boss stuff. This {censored} is just sad.

• Members

I They might actually sell a lot of them because it says Fender Bassman and Fender Deluxe Reverb on it, but I think this entire concept is bull{censored}. And I'm a fan of Boss stuff. This {censored} is just sad.

I cannot help but admit I still want the Fender Deluxe Reverb one with the entire understanding that it won't sound like the amp no matter what they put in there - but then I'd buy an ashtray, cookie jar or t-shirt, etc if it said Fender Deluxe Reverb on it. :D

Archived