Finally, picked up a TC electronics G sharp

Geno_xl

• Members

After trying to find reviews on the G-Sharp I finally just broke down and bought it. I know there was several people on here also wondering about it so I thought I would do a little review.

For some reason it took about 30 minutes to get a good sound out of it. I had to tried in serial and parralel mode with a stereo setup. Unfortunately I was getting a very digital sound with my tube amp. Eventually, (after reading the manual) I ran the it with a mono setup and got much better results.

I am really pleased with the quality of the reverbs (mostly the plate reverbs) and the delays. They seem to be about the quality you would expect from a boss pedal or maybe better. The Modulation effects seemed to be just so-so. Thankfully, I wasn't expecting much from them in the first place. Actually, the mod effects don't seem to be much better than my Behringer v-amp pro.

All in all it sounds great and won't suck all those batteries but I wish it had an on off switch. also I would trade all of those mod effects for a decent tuner.

• Members

Sounds like your not overly impressed. Thanks for the feedback. I sort of assumed as much based on the pricepoint and reviews of other lower priced TC stuff.

Actually, I am impressed. I just didn't go into it expecting much out of the mod effects. I really just wanted some good delays and reverbs. If I would have bought 2 pedals (DD-6 and RV-5) it would have cost me about $300 bucks. So overall it worked out well and I got the free foot switch which will help out.

Archived