Psm-5

angelhair0

• Members

I got one used for 30 bucks. When the pedal is stomped, does it switch on and off the 9V in? And there is a send and return as well as a "guitar" in and "amp" out... When stomped does it switch which line the signal is going through?

i was under the impression that the switch turns the loop on and off.

• Members

Yup, the 9v is on all the time as long as there's something plugged into the instrument jack. The pedal just activates the loop. I actually used one of those to power a daisy chain for a long time before I got my DC Brick. Also used it to bring a Rotovibe in and out of the chain so I could set its speed and then fire it up. :thu:

• Members

Alright, but there are two ins and two outs. Is there anyway to have ONE in and have the pedal choose which output it uses? So I can A/B two amps?

Nope.

One in and out acts like any other boss pedal would, and the jacks on the top act as an FX loop. The main in/out jacks are always active, so you could only bring a second amp into the mix, not A/B two amps.

• Members

Nope.

One in and out acts like any other boss pedal would, and the jacks on the top act as an FX loop. The main in/out jacks are always active, so you could only bring a second amp into the mix, not A/B two amps.

Alright.. sorry if I'm not understanding completely. Would I be able to use the main in, and use both outputs to go to two amps simultaneously? I guess that's what I meant. I don't really need to A/B. I am looking into another combo and sending the same signal to both.

• Members

Alright.. sorry if I'm not understanding completely. Would I be able to use the main in, and use both outputs to go to two amps simultaneously? I guess that's what I meant. I don't really need to A/B. I am looking into another combo and sending the same signal to both.

I'm PRETTY sure that would work. :thu:

Sorry that was a confusing read.

• Members

Alright.. sorry if I'm not understanding completely. Would I be able to use the main in, and use both outputs to go to two amps simultaneously? I guess that's what I meant.

Nope, you can basically use it as an effects loop or a/b, but not an a+b.

I generally use mine for an a/b switch for my acoustic. Mute's the signal and provides a good buffer before the signal hits my passive DI.

• Members

Nope, you can basically use it as an effects loop or a/b, but not an a+b.

I generally use mine for an a/b switch for my acoustic. Mute's the signal and provides a good buffer before the signal hits my passive DI.

Are you sure? I'm trying to remember how the thing works. I'm starting to think you may be right.

• Members

its like a TB loop...when you hit the switch the signal is redirected through the looped pedal...

No I know that, I'm just trying to think if you can use it to split your signal into two outputs...and I'm thinking you can't. But I'm also thinking you can. :freak: I'm so confused. Is it 5:30 yet???

• Members
No I know that, I'm just trying to think if you can use it to split your signal into two outputs...and I'm thinking you can't. But I'm also thinking you can.
:freak:
I'm so confused. Is it 5:30 yet???

when its switched on...the signal only goes through the looped pedal....there isn't 2 seperate signals.

• Members

when its switched on...the signal only goes through the looped pedal....there isn't 2 seperate signals.

I guess. I might have tried something like that with it and failed. But for some reason I'm trying to convince myself that it would work. Must be boredom.

I tried to do all kinds of potentially cool things with it...but in the end its just an FX loop. :(

• Members

Drat! Well, it will do fine as a power supply for a daisy chain. That's why I got it. What do you suggest as the best unit to split my signal to two amps?

Well any stereo Boss pedal will do it I think. There are a lot of cheap DIY jobs to be found on Ebay. They're called A/B/Y pedals methinks. I've never used one personally so I don't know which to suggest. I remember hearing good things about one made by Framptone but I think it was expensive.

• Members

Well any stereo Boss pedal will do it I think. There are a lot of cheap DIY jobs to be found on Ebay. They're called A/B/Y pedals methinks. I've never used one personally so I don't know which to suggest. I remember hearing good things about one made by Framptone but I think it was expensive.

My Akai Headrush E2 is the last thing in my loop right now. I could go check easily, but it's in the garage and that means I have to walk like.. 50 feet! And I refuse to do that right now. So do you know if that will work right off hand?

• Members

My Akai Headrush E2 is the last thing in my loop right now. I could go check easily, but it's in the garage and that means I have to walk like.. 50 feet! And I refuse to do that right now. So do you know if that will work right off hand?

Hmmm...I wanna say no because the extra outs are only for the 4 head tape simulation setting, but only a mono out for the actual signal.

• Members

no it wotn to a "Y" meaning guitat comes in and goes out of both outlets, but it will work as an ab box. note ow ever that the loop is buffered. I use as mine as a a-b box and to power a daisy chain, amp out gos to the next effect the send goes into my tuner, so the tuner stays out of the signal chain, and also works as a tuner mute.

Archived