Rivera FS-7 Cable -- 8-pin DIN ?

lumina

• Members

Hi,

This kind of relates to amps, but also to building effects, so I figured I'd post it here... I'm in the middle of revamping my pedal board, and as part of the project I am creating a 'patch bay' where all of my cables from my Knucklehead 100 amp head come into the patch bay, and then the signals are distributed to their appropriate chains. To complement this I am going to create a custom snake by wrapping up the various cables that come from my amp head to the pedal board (FX-SEND, FX-RETURN, AMP-IN).

Additionally, I want to include the cable for my footswitch, the FS-7 in the 'snake', but the cable is permanently attached to the footswitch.

As far as I can tell, it's an 8-pin DIN connector for the FS-7. Therefore, I'd like to put two female DINs in my patch bay, one for the cable coming out of the footswitch, and one for the cable that will be in the snake that connects to the amp.

So, my questions are...

1. Is there anything special about connecting DINs? Do I just solder wire between the corresponding pins?

2. Does anyone know where I can get an 8-pin DIN cable (Male on both ends)?

If anyone sees any reason why this approach won't work, please do tell!

Thanks for your help,

Chris

• Members

I can answer this... I am building a replacement for my FS-7 as it's quiet large. I'm moddifying the layout to that the switches are in a smaller box, in a triangle configuration with the channel select at the bottom of the triangle, and the boost toggles both above it to the left and right.

Even though I'm yet to solder up, I've fitted a DIN plug into the back of the rivera and they are the same, so rest assured that there is no reason it shouldn't work if all the right pins make contact.

• Members

Great!

Can you let me know if you have any problems? Did you get your DIN plugs from MOUSER? That is where I plan on ordering mine from.

Also, can you give me any insight into how I would be connecting the two female plugs inside my patch bay? I'm assuming I would just patch pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, ... etc., but if it's otherwise, maybe you would know?

Any idea where to get a 20' 8-pin DIN cable?

Thanks,

Chris

• Members

Upon further thought, your project of reworking the footswitch into a smaller, more manageable size sounds like something I might be interested in pursuing someday. You wouldn't happen to have a schematic for it on hand, would you?

Archived