MONSTERPIECE NPN coming soon!

• Members

i pulled the trigger on an NPN fuzz. im excited, this will be my first real fuzz... i have had muffs and such, but no dedicated fuzz.

I'M STOKED!

c'mon guys, feed my excitement with grand stories of your monsterpieces... i wanna get a feel for what i have to look forward to.

I would if it was a PNP

jk

• Members

Great choice dude, the Monstepiece Two headed monster is my Fuzz of choice and my go to pedal. Gotta love a PnP and NpN fuzz in one box.
witch trannys did you go with, bc108s? bc109s? or the hybrid?
i like the bc109s myself and ive had both

the NpN is brighter an has more bite, and can get quite nasty :D , the PnP is darker, and IMHO bette suited for more classic tones, but at high settings can be quite raucous as well.

Richard uses Silicon trannys for both his PnP and NpN so the consitency with his pedals is very high.

im getting my 3rd Monsterpiece soon here are some pics, the boss knobs was to see if i like them but i went with different ones instead.

Monsterpiece154003.jpg
Monsterpiece154004.jpg

• Members
Great choice dude, the Monstepiece Two headed monster is my Fuzz of choice and my go to pedal. Gotta love a PnP and NpN fuzz in one box.

witch trannys did you go with, bc108s? bc109s? or the hybrid?

i like the bc109s myself and ive had both

the NpN is brighter an has more bite, and can get quite nasty
:D
, the PnP is darker, and IMHO bette suited for more classic tones, but at high settings can be quite raucous as well.

Richard uses Silicon trannys for both his PnP and NpN so the consitency with his pedals is very high.

im getting my 3rd Monsterpiece soon here are some pics, the boss knobs was to see if i like them but i went with different ones instead.

Monsterpiece154003.jpg
Monsterpiece154004.jpg

Wow that looks good. How much for the two headed monster?

• Members

the NpN is brighter an has more bite, and can get quite nasty
:D
, the PnP is darker, and IMHO better suited for more classic tones, but at high settings can be quite raucous as well.

Right on the money.

The Monsterpiece is the first fuzz I've played where I plugged in and went, "Ah, yes. There it is."

• Members

I was just playing my NPN last night with my LP Deluxe and my 66 Princeton Reverb. I stayed up way too late because it sounded too good. I have a germanium '69 that sounds great, the best sounding germanium FF that I have heard yet, so I have no gas for a PNP. I had to try 4 different '69s before I got one that sounded great, they are all different in tone.

Come back and let us know how you like it, although, there is no way you won't. Richard Coibion (Duderanimous) is the man. You can't find a better guy to deal with.

• Members

Monsterpiece154003.jpg
Monsterpiece154004.jpg

That smaller box is VERY tempting. Looks great.
What are all the knobs? Vol, Fuzz, Tone for each?
I wonder why the seperate IN/OUT jacks and power plugs, though?
I mean...did you ask for that? Does it have to be that way? Or can you get one set IN/OUT and one power jack for a two-headed?

• Members

when i originaly asked him to buildme the two headed mnster i wanted to put a TS9 in between the fuzzes and also it alowws me to reverse the orther of the fuzzes so if i wanted to i could drive the PnP side with te NpN side. so i askedf ro separate ins and outs, he built it for me and the 2 headed monster was born.

then recently i asked him if there was any chance he could make the monster a lil smaller, that i loved ti but i am switching to a smaller board adn ti was gonna take up a lot fo room there. I sent him some ideas for the layouts, he liked the one you guys see, and we agreed to try it. so what you guys are seeing is the first Monsterpice LiL Two-head, sporting blue and violet LEDS, and each pedal completely independent of each other.

the controls are as follows. (left to right)
top row for PnP Side: volume, Bias, Fuzz
bottom Row for NpN side: Volume Bias, Fuzz

all of that reat monsterpice 2 Headed Monnster sound , crammed into a 1590BB box.

• Members

I had a 2-headed and yes, it was huge.
Found I wasn't using the PNP side that much and asked Richard to build me a single NPN in "stealth" day-glo orange.
NPNFUZZ.jpg
I'm quite happy with the results and have saved pedalboard real estate.
He's a top-notch guy for going that extra mile to make sure you're happy with his products.

Archived