Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar

fuzzface71

• Members

well whatever. yr friends then yr friends. i dont care, i dont know either of you out of computer world. i guess he's been festering for a month now about

me "trolling" him. you see me post on here alot. i dont "troll".

I'm not defending {censored}. Just saying I dont' see the big deal. Lets just watch some Zappa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGS9GaMgZi8

:eek:

• Members

{censored}...that's the record that made me love Zappa.

I don't understand what's not to like?? To much??? To much what?

If anything...not enough!! More More!

Treacherous Cretins and Gee, I Like Your Pants are my favorites off the first disc and The Deathless Horsie and Shut up and Play your guitar off the second.

Give it another try...it's the {censored} for sure...

:)

I don't know? I think it's the combination of his 80's tone and fusion, that turns me off a bit. It's not that the playing, is over the top.

I guess I'm just an old school, blues-rock fan who loves it when Zappa does that direction. Even that clip of Suicide Chump above that was from the 70's is kinda cool tone-wise.

• Members
{censored}...that's the record that made me love Zappa.

I think every track is killer!

I also love the other guitar LPs like Guitar and Son of Guitar...and the new one Trance Fusion.

This is the record to hear Zappa rip on guitar...if you like Jazz Fusion this is the zappa record for you.

I don't understand what's not to like?? To much??? To much what?

If anything...not enough!! More More!

Treacherous Cretins and Gee, I Like Your Pants are my favorites off the first disc and The Deathless Horsie and Shut up and Play your guitar off the second.

Give it another try...it's the {censored} for sure...

:)

I like the cut of this jib

just grab your chick, and do it to "while you were out"

• Members

Little known fact: Frank used to omit particular notes from the chords in the progressions he wrote enabling him to literally play any note on the fretboard without it sounding "off" or "out of key." Obviously, this unbound the confines that typical lead guitar forms stay within.

We had a discussion about what exactly that meant a long while back in the lesson loft. I can't remember the deal, though, because I'm not theory-head. :cry:

• Members
Little known fact: Frank used to omit particular notes from the chords in the progressions he wrote enabling him to literally play any note on the fretboard without it sounding "off" or "out of key." Obviously, this unbound the confines that typical lead guitar forms stay within.

We had a discussion about what exactly that meant a long while back in the lesson loft. I can't remember the deal, though, because I'm not theory-head.
:cry:

i have a theory yr a dick-head;). i kid you man, seriously i call a truce. its stupid to fight over frivolous {censored}.

• Members

Not really a fan of extended guitar solos per se, but Frank, much like Fripp, usually finds a way to keep me interested.:thu: And, on a grander scale, I love FZ's music, especially his early '70s stuff, One Size Fits All, Roxy & Elsewhere, Grand Wazoo... three incredible albums right there!

Archived