Hmm...Advice...buyer said pedal didn't work when he got it.

mfergel

• Members

If it got damaged in shipping (which sounds likely assuming he is legit) then the postal insurance would cover it, but if he specifically asked for you to put on a lower value, so in that I would say it is his problem - you pay for the insurance for problems like this so that neither of you are out any money should the shippers damage something, and if he asked you to change the value, you give him back what the insurance gives you for the damage.

The bit about him opening it up is another mark against him, that really makes you wander about him making excuses to cover up the fact he tried to fix it and make a mistake somewhere and hurt it, rather than his dad opening up a DOA pedal... If the Whammy is a particularly fiddley pedal to dismantle/assemble it makes it all the more likely that he made a mistake somewhere.

Those would be my 'correct' rules, which while the official way to do it, but would suck majorly if he is being completely honest and really has a DOA pedal, so trying to help out and offer a compromise could be good in the karma sense, but watch out for any problems that could arise

David

• Members

Was there a power supply with it?Or did he try to power it up with an incompatable one?

That's one thing I haven't heard back from him about yet. The Whammy is very particular about the power supply. I sent him the authentic Harmon supply for it because it is an AC power supply. If he hooked up a DC power supply to it for whatever reason, it could totally screw up the pedal. I've got a really bad feeling that it was working and that he messed around with it.

• Members

his problem, end of story homey... tell the guy to del with the fact he sould have insurd it for the whole amount. if it was packaged properly by you, and it was properly insured, he could get his money back, no problem. but he weaseled and got screwed for it... you are karma's sword. god only knows if he lied about the rest of it, with his dad and all.

• Members

I think Digitech is good with repairing old products (at a cost, of course). Maybe you can contact them and ask them if they'll fix it then pay for the guy to ship off to them. Or better yet, have the guy send you the pedal first, you look at it, then you ship it off.

Either that or just give the guy Digitech's phone number and be done with it.

Archived