survivorman is the best show on tv....

wacopacco

• Members

i LOVE this show. I wish there was a channel that had only this on it. I'd be glued to it for days. Getting dropped in the wilderness somewhere with just your camera equipment... and no human contact for 7 days..... good television. Finally a reality tv show that i actually like.

:thu:

• Members
That dude is like a real world McGyver - really great info to be learned fro his shows.

true story. i loved the 'surviving natural disasters' one where they put him in a flooded house. I pretty much learned how to distill sewage water into pure water...:cool:

• Members
Hell yes. Man vs. Wild is OK, too.. but he's a {censored} with a camera crew. He still bites the {censored} out of live fish.

see that one i dont like so much. With survivorman, it's alot more real life. First priority is find a shelter and build a fire. Thats the first thing i'd want to do. Then find food and water. I know from being in the woods the MOST important thing for surviving is having a fire. It increases your chances greatly. Say your in the jungle, no way in hell your gonna want to drink that water without boiling it.

i have a subscription to Mens Journal and one guy was talking about his grandfather who was in WW2 and he used to teach cadets hour to survive off grass. Not smoking it, eating it. Like as a meal... curious :idea:

• Members

i never saw survivorman, but i watch man vs wild... it is entertaining. but then again, i watch the girls next door too. god, heff has it rough...

Survivorman stomps all over Man vs. Wild, IMO. Search for "Survivorman" on video.google.com. There's a few full episodes on there.

• Members
i LOVE this show. I wish there was a channel that had only this on it. I'd be glued to it for days. Getting dropped in the wilderness somewhere with just your camera equipment... and no human contact for 7 days..... good television. Finally a reality tv show that i actually like.

:thu:

Never seen it (don't plan to either) but I guess I would watch it if they then released some phycotic mental patients with machetes into the woodsl to track them down and eat them, oh and some big vicious hunting dogs.

• Members
les stroud(survivorman) is also a musician. he wrote and performed the theme music for his show, and has a few records. he's sort of a struggling musician trying to make ends meet for his family, so check out his stuff.

http://www.wildernessfilms.ca/les_stroud/index.html

http://www.lesstroudonline.com/

wow thats really cool. I'm going to pick up some of his stuff.:cool:

Archived