OT... Silversun pickups

mrweems

• Members

pshh, they are so last indie year ago ;) a lot of people with good taste in music like them, but personally i don't think they're all that special.. its cool that they have the sound they do, but the songwriting is nothing great.. a lot of people consider them to be picking up the trail left by smashing pumpkins

• Members

I like their record. At first I thought they might be my new favorite band, but after track 2 the CD goes from near amazing to just pretty good. Those first two tracks though.....wow. Track one was my reason for my search to find a pedal that can reproduce a direct input fuzz tone in a live setting.

• Members
I think they have a pretty sweet sound, and some very cool songs. The first 19 times i heard them, i thought it was a girl singing. I kept saying to myself, "This females voice is the best {censored}!"...
:freak:

The guitar fuzz sounds huge.

its not a girl?!?! :freak:

• Members

It's true, the backlash has already begin. I still dig 'em though - they sound great, they're a lot of fun, and Nikki is teh cuet. They're not going to be a world-historical band, but Carnavas and the EP (Pikul) are both better than 90% of what's out there (hi Cold War Kids :wave: )

Oh, and they're Epi doods. Brian plays a Sheraton, and Nikki rocks the T-Bird bass.

They've been working hard, too. Just wrapped a set of dates opening for Wolfmother and now on the road supporting Snow Patrol. I'd certainly rather see the Pups than either of the headliners.

Archived