And now, your moment of Zen

phishmarisol

• Members
What's a CJOD? Apart from a licence to print money, that is...
:confused:

I must have missed this one.

It's the best overdrive ever to touch earth.
It's magic.
It's a tube screamer.
Those who own it swear it's worth every penny.
I've never heard one play and couldn't care less.
:o

• Members

I thought the original run went for $150.

IMG_2137.jpg

It was closer to $250. I was #21. I flipped mine more than a year later for about $500, which I thought was a pretty crazy price at the time. As I remember it, the CJod was a smooth sounding, but uncompressed OD with an interesting (exorcised :p ) mid voicing. I liked it much better through 6L6 amps and with humbuckers than through my Princeton or Deluxe with my strat or tele so it didn't get much use. I talked to Clay before I sold it and ended up making a small donation to a charity of his choice with some of the profits. Clay wouldn't take any money, saying that it was out of his hands and that he'd already been paid once.

That fact that it was born on TGP, (a pedal's favorite hype incubater,) and that they were made only once and in very small numbers all add up to the pedal's current "unobtainium" status. At the end of the day though, it is just an OD pedal with an electric banana paintjob...

...and a ton and a half of internet baggage.;)

• Members
the " E" works just fine fer me! $1600?? di I hear 1650? going once........
:rolleyes:

Exactly, I know it's been said but for 1600 bones you can get a serious tone filled tube pedal, it's call a {censored}ing amp. For 1600 you can get a sweet head and a half stack . . . :rolleyes: 1600 on a tube screamer . . . whateva :wave:

Archived