markom? where are you?

ryan_adelphi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
my gear's better than yours
;)
Infinitphases & Manecos don't mean anything to me. Just childs play. Once you get into the world of toneczar...that's when you know you're serious. Plus, I've got more Moogs than you do
:)
and don't forget I'm waitin' on the infinitphase and maneco
;)
Peace man.

Dude, I am not being mean, at least not right now...

I assembled a small rig for a session job -- a Vexter FF (I traded a McFuzz and an Ibanez SC 10 for it), a Whammy I traded a VL trem and $35 for, a Crybaby I tb'ed myself, a $35 Mistress (it was a basket case I fixed), a rangemaster clone I made (maybe $20), a Digidelay I bought used, and a $35 artifact boost. All the pedals were specified by the producer prior to the job when we discussed what we're trying to make -- he had access to my entire collection, and given the scope of the job, I would have certainly picked up any pedal he specified, but this is what he wanted. Using this rig, I made $250 per hour doing session work.

Check out what the guys you like play -- you'd seldom see them play the boutique stuff. It's not the $$ you spend that makes you serious, it's what you do with them.

c

• Members
Dude, I am not being mean, at least not right now...

I assembled a small rig for a session job -- a Vexter FF (I traded a McFuzz and an Ibanez SC 10 for it), a Whammy I traded a VL trem and $35 for, a Crybaby I tb'ed myself, a $35 Mistress (it was a basket case I fixed), a rangemaster clone I made (maybe $20), a Digidelay I bought used, and a $35 artifact boost. All the pedals were specified by the producer prior to the job when we discussed what we're trying to make -- he had access to my entire collection, and given the scope of the job, I would have certainly picked up any pedal he specified, but this is what he wanted. Using this rig, I made $250 per hour doing session work.

Check out what the guys you like play -- you'd seldom see them play the boutique stuff. It's not the $$ you spend that makes you serious, it's what you do with them.

c

Dude...this isn't even Markom. Its just a troll. Don't respond to him, unless you're telling him to simply {censored} off. Or just give the :bor: smiley.

• Members

clips please? I wanna hear what $250 per hour guitar sounds like...

I don't own any recent clips Robo.

And I'm too {censored}ty to figure out how to get my Toneport thingy to work with my laptop, and play, etc...

By the way, I don't claim to be the best -- you'd definitely smoke me if we're doing the duel ala Crossroads, but I'm easy to work with and I don't have any rockstar pretensions, hence the gigs, that unfortunately, don't (and won't)come often enough to be a steady gig.

c

• Members

I wasn't trying to challenge you ;)

just curious, that's a lot per hour.

I don't own any recent clips Robo.

And I'm too {censored}ty to figure out how to get my Toneport thingy to work with my laptop, and play, etc...

By the way, I don't claim to be the best -- you'd definitely smoke me if we're doing the duel ala Crossroads, but I'm easy to work with and I don't have any rockstar pretensions, hence the gigs, that unfortunately, don't (and won't)come often enough to be a steady gig.

c

• Members
I wasn't trying to challenge you
;)

just curious, that's a lot per hour.

It was all about being at the right place at the right time, and stumbling onto the right people...

Funny thing though, I do a whole lot of power chords for radio-friendly stuff. I do show up sober, I make sure I've nailed the parts prior to walking into the studio, and I don't act as if I'm too good to do what I'm given, which is probably the main reason I get asked back.

I probably missed my chance though -- I should have noodled on the guitar and challenged you to a musical duel to the death. Then I can get signed to an artsy label and I can finally quit the day job!

c

• Members

By the way dude, I'm sorry to have dropped your name onto this, but I was thinking about the thread you started a while ago about your Squier 51 and Fender amp (and a bad Monkey I think). The playing was pretty impressive and Markom (be it tele89 or whatever) would do well to consider what someone who can play can do, without spending all that $$ on gear.

c

• Members

teleboy89 - worst.troll.ever

Seriously, there's not even any entertainment value going on with this one. Nothing, not even a small grin. There used to be a time when trolls had to be a certain level of 'funny' to even get noticed. Sadly it would seem those days are behind us.

Archived