wah pedal pots

Link19

• Members

Ahoy! I have a Vox Clyyde Mcoy wah pedal, the v848 model.

I think, my pot is scratchy. It's unusable now because it scratches so much when i move it up and down, so I'm guessing that's the pot?

Could anyone tell me what kind of pot i'd need to fix it and wher I could get one from? I'm in the UK, also, are they hard to install?

thanks very much, as you can tell i've never done it before!

• Members

Thanks for replying mate, http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_wahwah_poti.htm?partner_id=79570 i guess this is what i need. just so I'm not getting ripped off, would any of these pots do on this page?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx?MenuNo=56092&MenuName=POTENTIOMETERS&FromMenu=y&DOY=search

the guy who works in the guitar shop, said that any pot would work if it was the right value or something. I don't know if he knows what he's talking about, just wondering if anyone knows anything?

thanks!

• Members

there was a big thread about this at the DIY forum when the mcCoy reissue came out. they supposedly made a special taper pot for that wah that duplicates the sweep of the original.

Unfortunately the pots don't seem to hold up. I have a Mccoy RI in for repair for the same prob.

I think it is important to get the exact replacement part for your wah to sound and feel correct. I am researching where to get one. i will let you know.

• Members

I know that a 100K pot with a long-enough shaft to hold the gear would work, but as to the taper of the pot for the Clyde, I am not certain. Given that you've dropped significant $$ on the wah, you may wantto go ahead and shell out for the original part, and save some $$ by installingit yourself.

YOu may also wantto look into the HotPotz that Dunlop sells.

c

Archived