amaleelake

• Members

Yeah, it's one of my rules not to get anything I couldn't use live. I never play at home, always go to my local studio to jam. Anything I buy has to fulfill some criteria.

1) Fits in my 120cm 40cm effects case, along with my other stuff.

2) Reasonably light.

3) Likely to sound geet through all different types of amps

the triwave fails all three!

Yeah I understand, I am not a big fan of making noise that I couldn't play live. "Studio musicain" is definitely not a category that I would like to fit into - It's all about what you can do live!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THENAKEDARAB. My chopper GAS just increased a few notches.
:freak:

Here's an excerpt from the e-mail I sent the folks at Gig-Fx today.

Also, all I can say about this pedal now is wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!!!!!!!! This pedal is more fun than should be legally allowed. I tried all the modes both with and without my phaser, and wah and was able to get just the absolute coolest sounds out of this thing. Additionally, I finally got to try the Chopper in stereo as my neighbor let my borrow his 2x10 Traynor combo. I took my fx loop send on my Tremoverb combo, sent it to my phaser, then the Chopper then split the output with one side going back to my T-Verbs fx return, and the other side into the low-gain input on the Traynor and holy-freakin-vertigo Batman my head was spinning from the wicked chorus, and Leslie type fx I was able to get.

The faux delay settings were wicked cool, and finally with my phaser on, and a little bit of dirt combined with some fingerstyle jazz comping I was copping some unreal Hammond organ imitations, and just the most bubbly underwater sounds you could imagine. Jimi Hendrix would have been grinning from ear to ear if he ever heard this.

I can't wait to start trying to cop some cool reverse guitar fx out of this pedal by timing my picking to the off part of the cycle and having the swell kick in to bring in the note sans attack and adding a second attack right before the cut off. Don't know if it'll work, but I am damn sure gonna try cause I am pretty sure I can get it.

• Members
The Chopper I got based on the clips on the site and a recomendation here, though I can't remember who. Since I knew I would be able to return it, or turn it over here I figured there was not a large risk so I got it and couldn't be happier.

The Moog I tried when I was in NYC this Thanksgiving, along with the Maxon PH350.

My 3ms I bought about 4 or 5 yrs ago based on the clips, peoples positive comments about Dan, and his willingness to build me the pedal I wanted, not the same pedal everyone has. Mine has jacks for expression pedal control of the height and speed, and a knob for controling the wave shape, plus the standard knobs. I had tried the Phase 90 and 100 as well as Smallstone and couldn't stand the tone-sucking and other undesirable aspects of them, so I took the plunge on the 3ms and loved it from the start.

The Systech Harmonic Energizer I found used at a local shop on consignment, it's basically a highly tunable fixed wah with built in distortion and a wet/dry blend knob. It's a old pedal from the 70's that's all over Frank Zappa records.

Apparantly alot of the fixed wah sounding stuff is actually this pedal.

The TZF is just wicked cool, listen to the soundclips on the Foxrox site.

And the Micro Synth can be found in lots of places, though I may go with a HOG, or POG, or some other synth instead. I am undecided on that one.

Yeah i guess it is easier to take that kind of plunge with a forum like this.

4m seems like the perfect company for effects junkies, the Triwave Pictogenerator is blowing my mind right now, {censored} I havent even been on here for 2 hours and I already have my paycheck for next month spent! :D

I have had the same undesirable aspects of different flange/mod pedals send me looking for different options too. I like the Electric Mistress ok, but it is a little "tiny" for me sometimes, it would be nice to have something more lush, it seems like i can find that with 4m. thanks

• Members
Hi, I am stealing JBrazz's idea and posting a "Hi I'm new here" thread.

I love manipulating sound in every way that I can find. And finding ways to make sound from random objects.

I joined because I was researching some gear that I wanted to buy and reading the posts on the review page really helped out a lot.

I listen to Sonic Youth, MBV, Radiohead, Juana Molina (you have to check her out!), Eluvium, etc....

Peace

good to have you here!
Aldo.........:wave:

Archived