amaleelake

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

has anyone tried out other pedals by Bob Moog besides the Moogerfooger Ring Modulator?

I tried the 12 Stage Phaser, and while I thought it was cool, and could cop some neat sounds, I have many other pedals that are higher on my list. Then again I already own a fantastic phaser (3ms Phaseur Fleur).

• Members

I tried the 12 Stage Phaser, and while I thought it was cool, and could cop some neat sounds, I have many other pedals that are higher on my list. Then again I already own a fantastic phaser (3ms Phaseur Fleur).

Did you find that the sounds weren't really practical for the music that you were playing?

What are some of the other pedals that are higher on your list?

• Members
A 4/ms triwave picogenerator. Dont have one and probably never will, but looks cool. They're here...

http://www.4mspedals.com/index.php
:thu:

It's basically a synth wave genrator for noise fans who love fiddling with knobs...
:D

Thanks for the link, I can't pull it up right now for some reason but i will check it out later for sure!

That sounds like something that I must experience (if not own) at some point.

will you never have one because you dont like fiddling with knobs, or because they are too expensive? If the latter is true, then I will probably never own one either :cry:

• Members
Did you find that the sounds weren't really practical for the music that you were playing?

What are some of the other pedals that are higher on your list?

No, I just found that where it excelled was the same territory my 3ms did, and my 3ms has more options for waveforms for less money. I just got one of the other pedals higher on my list.

chopper250black.jpg

Next is this which I already have on layaway.

systechharmonicenergizer.jpg

then...

TZF%20Bluea.JPG

and most likely after that...

mic_0016-7b940c4e1ff2b5715fab0308852f60a

After that some form of looper, not sure what though.

• Members

Thanks for the link, I can't pull it up right now for some reason but i will check it out later for sure!

will you never have one because you dont like fiddling with knobs, or because they are too expensive? If the latter is true, then I will probably never own one either
:cry:

BTW, 4ms is the company that used to be 3ms, who made my pedal.

Here is my pedal, and below that a link to the page for the Phaseur Fleur.

goldcamo.jpg

http://4mspedals.com/phaseur.php?mode=sound

BTW, the clips don't do justice to what the pedal is capable of, it is really lush and enveloping.

• Members

will you never have one because you dont like fiddling with knobs, or because they are too expensive? If the latter is true, then I will probably never own one either
:cry:

Sorry, The smily was too close.
http://www.4mspedals.com/index.php
:wave:

• Members

Too big to gig with maybe, but i bet you could go crazy laying down tracks with it:eek:

Yeah, it's one of my rules not to get anything I couldn't use live. I never play at home, always go to my local studio to jam. Anything I buy has to fulfill some criteria.

1) Fits in my 120cm 40cm effects case, along with my other stuff.

2) Reasonably light.

3) Likely to sound geet through all different types of amps

the triwave fails all three!

• Members

To the nakedarab:

Thanks for the info, how do you try all of this stuff out? Does your local shop carry all of these pedals? If so where do you live, I am coming over!

The Chopper I got based on the clips on the site and a recommendation here, though I can't remember who. Since I knew I would be able to return it, or turn it over here I figured there was not a large risk so I got it and couldn't be happier.

The Moog I tried when I was in NYC this Thanksgiving, along with the Maxon PH350.

My 3ms I bought about 4 or 5 yrs ago based on the clips, peoples positive comments about Dan and all his pedals in the review section here, and his willingness to build me the pedal I wanted, not the same pedal everyone has. Mine has jacks for expression pedal control of the height and speed, and a knob for controling the wave shape, plus the standard knobs. I had tried the Phase 90 and 100 as well as Smallstone and couldn't stand the tone-sucking and other undesirable aspects of them, so I took the plunge on the 3ms and loved it from the start.

The Systech Harmonic Energizer I found used at a local shop on consignment, it's basically a highly tunable fixed wah with built in distortion and a wet/dry blend knob. It's a old pedal from the 70's that's all over Frank Zappa records.

Apparantly alot of the fixed wah sounding stuff is actually this pedal.

The TZF is just wicked cool, listen to the soundclips on the Foxrox site.

And the Micro Synth can be found in lots of places, though I may go with a HOG, or POG, or some other synth instead. I am undecided on that one.

Archived