Tell about Red llama based pedals-clones

usa83strat

• Members

Lately ive been looking into different ODs that arent Based on the tubescreamer, Im getting a TF mule in the mail and also looking at a flamingo fuzz, are these pedals good ODs or are they more on the fuzzy OD sound? also really interested in the liquid sunshine.

what can you tell me about them?

• Members

The mule was my go to OD and only OD for a nice medium crunch. if you back off the volume on your guitar you can get a nice OD with less of a fuzz. With te gain maxed and the guitars volume maxed, you get a nice lite fuzz.

Here are some clips from the mule you are getting (it will be in the mail in the morning!):

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=6230

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=6231

The rythm is the mule. Leads are fuzz factory.

• Members

Loved my strat, and running a huckleberry into it gave me an AMAZING fuzz tone. I really liked the Huck and Mule combo for a nicer vintage fuzz compared to the fuzz factory.

Basically, put the mule after any other dirt box, and it will blend its unique flavor into it. It sounded great with single coils, and best through a tube amp. The guitars tone knobs and volume knobs are important to get the tone you want out of this pedal, because the pedal only has drive and level.

I was very impressed with the mule, sad to see it go, but when I get money again I will probably buy another!

• Members

I had a Pharaoh Amps Rodeo Drive once (supposedly a RL clone) - horrid pedal. Nothing like a tweed sound, unless said tweed was being dragged behind a pickup down a gravelly road...

The Liquid Sunshine is very tweed flavored, but not nearly as raw and loose as an RL type OD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Mule is my go to dirt pedal. Since I got it (well a Dirty Dan was my first one), I can't even use anything else. Works well with a Bad Bob Boost. :thu:

There's some hiss, but it's related to the volume level, not the gain level.

• Members

got my Mule today, it sounds great, is kinda like and OD, with some grit it aint smooth and it like fuzzbeing pumped into it, THe cooperhead is going back as i like the Mule much better (sorry gringo)

i like the Mule better than the flamingo fuzz i ad a week ago,the flamingo was more fuzzy and cronky, while the mule is gritty and vocal, a had to re tweak my eq to tame some of the high end. but i really like wit the gain at minimum and boosting a LiL.

• Members

got my Mule today, it sounds great, is kinda like and OD, with some grit it aint smooth and it like fuzzbeing pumped into it, THe cooperhead is going back as i like the Mule much better (sorry gringo)

i like the Mule better than the flamingo fuzz i ad a week ago,the flamingo was more fuzzy and cronky, while the mule is gritty and vocal, a had to re tweak my eq to tame some of the high end. but i really like wit the gain at minimum and boosting a LiL.

Archived