What is the best patch cable?

Wilbo26

• 2 years later...
  • Members

OK! ... it could be because I'm on the other side of the pond (England UK) or it might just be that you guys are a bunch of "blind believers" (just to avoid some other more specific definitions... ) but, with all the love I can think of I would urge you to consider one option which I consider very sensible:

If someone like Slash (we all love'im, do we?! :-) came to the same conclusion (or better ... his roadie! ) there must be some thruth in there, no?!

My idea is: go down the road to MAPLINS (I'm 100% sure that you GUYS across the Atlantic pond have some sort of equivalent chain corner shop!)

Go to the big fat guy behind the bar and ask him THIS jack:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1249

Get 40 of them (you'll get the discount and finally you'll be able to FIX all your huge collection of pedals in one big "mother of all" pedalboards!)
As you can see the price is very "against LAVA cabel" sensible!

Then: (and this is the KEY!) ask the same fat guy for 100 meters (sorry, 300Feet) of the best oxigen free SOLID (and that's really important) - not multy strained audio well shielded cable. Her's the trick: any multystrained cable, even the silver one from Zaolla or the best ever from VanDenHul will enhance the ighs in your sound. See what the guy from Evidence did? He invented the hot water: the SOLID cable. Yes! You right! the one connected to your phone from 1972! :-) teh guy is a genius. He realized that most of us are idiots and a solid twin copper cable is better then a multystrained one. More transparent. He's a millionaire now, sailing away on his yaht and he are here writing "... hmmm yeah, I really really like the Evidence products... " Nice one!

Oviously we don't want a solid cable from our guitar to our pedalboard but between the pedals... who cares! they are firmly nailed to the pedalboard anyway :-)

Total cost: about 3 $ us for cables. The satisfaction is a big lough to all those who spand 25$ for a mogawy or canare or a .. lava or vandenHul patch cable... well, why not? if they're happy to believe why not? If they have money to throw down the toilet? Probably they have more money then time to play and really gig out there!

Warning: I might be wrong. BUt check this:
Lovepedal is not not an idiot, is.he? BUt hey! all this is OK unless you really need a better cable then Slash!!!

http://www.lovepedal.com/pedals/echo_baby.html

check the video showcasing the Echobaby on 0:30sec!!!!

Enjoy :-)

Archived