Best muff?

7#disaster

• Members

I've owned a black russian muff, usa reissue, and 1970's ram's head. And out of those 3 I think the ram's head sounded the thickest/fuzziest. The black russian is thick but it seems to lose some of it's fuzziness and the bypass sucks. I hear the green russians work well for what you want, though I've never played one.

• Members

I've owned a black russian muff, usa reissue, and 1970's ram's head. And out of those 3 I think the ram's head sounded the thickest/fuzziest. The black russian is thick but it seems to lose some of it's fuzziness and the bypass sucks. I hear the green russians work well for what you want, though I've never played one.

The new black russian Muffs are true bypass.

• Members

Righteous Tones makes a pedal called the sonic-mayhem that is muffish. axeandyoushallreceive.com has them (good customer service). The righteous tones website has some really nice sounding clips. I think the sonic-mayhem is around $90ish so it's on the low end of the boutique price spectrum. axe also sells prebuilt BYOC triangle muffs for around $100. I'm sure the Skreddy stuff is good (dig the mid toggle idea). Good luck with your hunt.

• Members

Personally I like the little heart shape, or the landing strip. :thu:

Ohhhh, you meant pedals. Hmmmm, I've only played with my Green Sovtek muff alot, played with a Black one at the store and remember it sounding smaller with less gain. I don't use mine much anymore as it sucks too much tone. Maybe I will get it modded one day, but between my amp (Mesa T-Verb), and my original SansAmp, and my new toy (pictured below) I've got my dirt needs pretty well covered.

systechharmonicenergizer.jpg

Archived