Do you guys remember that Boss pedal modded with a tube inside?

Inspector 71

• Members

I remember it, it came up on HCFX too. It was and SD-1 for sure, and it was done by some pedal modder in the far east somewhere. I don't remember any more than that, except that the guy had a website set up to order his pedals from, which looked fairly legit and had other models on it, none of which were quite so far-fetched...

• Members

I like how the guy who tubed the Metal Zone said he was gonna try with the Behringer Vintage Distortion. Here's an idea:

$30 pedal

$15 tube and parts (better switch)

$30 labor

sell 'em for $75. Nothing else like that in that price range...(Rocktron Silver Dragon is $120, and only uses the tube as a buffer(?))

• Members

I like how the guy who tubed the Metal Zone said he was gonna try with the Behringer Vintage Distortion. Here's an idea:

$30 pedal

$15 tube and parts (better switch)

$30 labor

sell 'em for $75. Nothing else like that in that price range...(Rocktron Silver Dragon is $120, and only uses the tube as a buffer(?))

I doubt the tube in the Vintage Distortion would be used for anything, when it is being run on 9 Volts.

• Members

I always thought those were BS myself. If they are real, the it would be cool to takem' for a spin for sure. I bet if this is real, then this guy is just passing the signal through the tube much like the Vox Tonelab SE's, just adding some warmth or somthing, unless there is a way to bypass one of the opamps, and use it in a gain starving fashion without too much trouble,

• Members

I always thought those were BS myself. If they are real, the it would be cool to takem' for a spin for sure. I bet if this is real, then this guy is just passing the signal through the tube much like the Vox Tonelab SE's, just adding some warmth or somthing, unless there is a way to bypass one of the opamps, and use it in a gain starving fashion without too much trouble,

I have yet to actually see confirmation about them. The guy popped up a few years ago under a fake name and started a thread called, "Have you seen the new Liys Pro Mod?" or something like that and he got outed pretty quickly, then said he lived on some small island and was just trying to make ends meet...by doing ridiculous mods to Boss pedals.

My favorite is this one:

dstoob2.jpg

dstoob10.jpg

I'm pretty sure cramming a TOOB in a DS-1 doesn't do all that much...but who knows. I would love to hear from anyone that has actually seen one in person and tried it.

Archived