who is the best guitarist

wacopacco

• Members

what's wrong with petrucci? dream theater covers every single style of music, and none of their songs sound like eachother. i'm sure if you searched through dream theater's history, anyone on this forum could find a song or two they like

That anyone would find one or two song to their liking from an entire catalog is not exactly a compliment...

• Members

well, i love most of the songs i've heard from them, i'm just saying, they have so much music and have gone through so many styles that i'm sure anyone could appreciate their music if they dove a little deeper than listening to the 3 songs on youtube. hendrix, a lot of clapton, nearly all zepplin and every pink floyd song i've heard bore me. i still respect the members of the bands and their abilities, but i doubt any of them could stand up next to john petrucci and really say "i'm better than you"

• Members

what's wrong with petrucci? dream theater covers every single style of music, and none of their songs sound like eachother. i'm sure if you searched through dream theater's history, anyone on this forum could find a song or two they like

They're straight up prog rock with metal flavor. How do they cover every single style of music? Do they do polka?

• Members

well, i love most of the songs i've heard from them, i'm just saying, they have so much music and have gone through so many styles that i'm sure anyone could appreciate their music if they dove a little deeper than listening to the 3 songs on youtube. hendrix, a lot of clapton, nearly all zepplin and every pink floyd song i've heard bore me. i still respect the members of the bands and their abilities, but i doubt any of them could stand up next to john petrucci and really say "i'm better than you"

Hendrix would blow petrucci out of the water, no problem.

Not to mention, Floyd's covered a hell of a lot more ground than dream theatre ever has.

• Members

hendrix couldn't play 90% of dream theater, even if he hadn't killed himself with drugs. dream theater does jazz, metal, classic(ish) rock, acoustic, pretty piano stuff for the girls, plus every little subset of metal. floyd may have covered more ground, but i'd like to see if floyd could play a lot of petrucci's riffs

Archived